Chapter 22

Knock knock

Lila opened the front door. Felix was at work right now. Trying to drown himself away from reality. He and Lila both heard of what happened in Paris, but she didn't really understand why Felix was being so emotional right now.

But, she just didn't know.

"Are you Lila Rossi" ? Asked a man with a black tux and four others around the guy wearing the same thing with black spy like shades.

"Uh, yes"?

" please come with us then. It's an urgent matter. And you aren't in trouble or anything, we just need you".

"Uh, o-okay".

Lila closed the front door and followed the five guys into a black dark car with black tinted windows. They all drove off to some random place she definitely didn't know existed.

Then everything went dark. Probably a tunnel or something. But it was going downward.

Then everything went white. Almost as if they just entered a complete white endless place. No single wall or anything. But the car seemed to know where it was going. Until they got to some other place.

And this time, it was a nicely lit tunnel. All the lights at top.

A few more weird minutes went by and finally, they arrived at the grand place. Or, that's what Lila thought.

" Uh, excuse me, but where are we"?

"Miss Rossi, welcome to the League Of Assassins where you are here to visit your highness. He's asked for you today. Right this way please".

Lila honestly paled at that. First of all, she had no idea what this organization was. But she knew what an assassin was. And she didn't even want to know why she was being taken here.

One of the guy's knocked on a set of two grand double doors and heard a come in.

The room was quite big but very dark. Except for the small streaks of a bright orange and red. Looked to be lava, but it seemed impossible to be. Then right in the center, was a wide pool of a green substance.

" Men, you may leave now". The five left and Lila was now all alone.

"Miss Rossi. It's so great to finally meet you in person. My granddaughter has devoted her life to you just to end up the way she did. Which is to why have I have decided you come here".

" w-who's youre granddaughter "?

" Hmm, so she hasn't revealed herself to you? How great. She must've not trusted you enough".

"W-what"?

" You see, my granddaughter, she goes by, does this make you think of someone, Marinette ".

Lila couldn't speak. It was as if she were the mute one instead of Marinette. Lila was awfully horrified. She was friends with a crazy murderer.

But, Marinette didn't show any signs. But as they say, silent but deadly. And this made Lila think a bit. She had a bit of courage left and asked.

" Uh, you're highness? Is, is Marinette really mute or has she been faking it all these years".

"Why, how brave of you to ask. My young one, she's actually mute. My doing. And I don't regret one bit.

You see, she hates me just as I hate her. Though we have a very unexplainable relationship. But, I'm playing her the way she'd never guess. But then again, I warned her".

" what do you mean"?

"You'll see miss Rossi. Please, come over here".

Ra's made a motion for Lila to follow him towards the green substance.