Chapter 19

Let's pretend the names are much more smaller and actually engraved into the pendants just like the forever sign as well. Editing, is not fucking easy. Or well, without a stylus.

Flashback

"Marinette, you mean so much to me. You fill all of my emptiness. You make me know there is a reason to live. I thought coffee would be my only salvation, though, it's never spoken. But you, you've made me feel alive these past weeks. You've made me feel real. Loved. You've consumed my heart. You are something that I'd live for, but, I don't expect an answer right now. Here, it's for you".

Tim pulled out a small box and opened it. A small necklace was inside. The small thin chain made of the finest silver out there. And the little small piece hanging from it. A half heart pendant. Very small but beautiful. And on it, was small writing barely visible to the naked eye. But she, she saw what it said.

Tim + Mari 
------ ∞ ------

She got her name and half of the forever sign. While he kept his name and the other half of the forever sign. They completed their yin and yang in weird but accurate ways.

" I'll put it on you". Tim pushed a bit of her hair to the side and put the necklace around her. Doing his best to not touch her, though, that really wasn't the truth. And, that's not really what it looked like to her either.

"There, now we'll always be together"! He smiled. She smiled back but then asked.

'exactly how much did you spend on this? It doesn't seem like the cheap material'.

" you know what, forget about the price, you deserve the best"! And the two left. They were at the cafe as they were every day.

Flashback ends

Marinette touched her neck and soon felt the thin silver chain. She followed it down and found her part of the heart. She caressed it but soon figured she'd feel bad about it. So she let the small charm go and decided she'd start on Tim's suit to make the time pass by.

Many hours later until everyone's off the plane

Marinette soon landed but this wasn't even France. So she walked up to some random person and wrote her question on a piece of paper in French because these people were headed there as well and only true French citizens of residents or that were born their were allowed in anyways.

"Oh, I heard we're right on the outskirts of France. Due to the war going on".

Marinette kindly nodded and grabbed her things and quickly left the airport. She walked out and ran towards the direction of the borders but soon stopped when a huge metal wall stood between her and the passageway to France.

Weird

It's never been there. So maybe this war was really really serious. She needed to get in. So she quickly pulled out her ladybug miraculous and put her earrings on. Tikki appear but stayed silent.

'I'm sorry, but it's time we do this again '.

Marinette gently grabbed the kwami and slightly pressed on the top black spot. In Tikki's opinion, it didn't feel good. And using this form of transforming was quite painful for her. Having to use most of her energy just simply doing everything herself.

But, it was a must since Marinette couldn't speak. And it was very likely she would never be able to emit any sort of sound throughout her life later on.

And after a few seconds, Marinette was now covered in a spandex suit. Tight looking but surprisingly comfortable.

She quickly used her yoyo and quickly threw it towards some metal pole at the top of the metal wall and clung to it. She soon swung up their and was now standing on top of the metal wall. And what she saw was awful.

On the outside outside of the walls, you could hear nothing. Maybe flies, but nothing more. But while standing at the top being able to actually see it. You could hear gunshots, grenades, blades, and even canons blowing away.

The sky itself was a sickly orange. Almost red. Every child's nightmare almost. Well, only the sane ones at least.

Ladybug jumped down to the ground and was now in France. But this wasn't where she was supposed to be. No. She had to make it to the heart of France. The center. The capital.

Sure, the capital wasn't really important until Hawkmoth decided to make it his new place.

Ladybug sent her partner Chat Noir a text saying she was finally here once again. And he quickly replied with a place to meet.

So she agreed. But, in about an hour or so. Getting to the center would be almost impossible with all sorts of explosives going through the air. But at least she had a way to actually get there without having to be stuck in traffic or anything.

Throughout this entire war. Chat Noir has been hiding in the shadows not wanting to confront anyone. He wasn't doing this because he was a coward. No, that's his civilian form. He was simply doing this to collect all sorts of valuable information and not die right on the spot.

After all, the black cat miraculous could only prevent only so much pain an average teenager can hold, but crossing that line, it's useless.

Adrien Agreste is not a wuss. He can't be cause he's Chat Noir. Everyone admires heroes. But then again, he's the biggest coward on earth cause he couldn't defend his so called 'friend'.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is just a simple klutz. Nothing extraordinary about that. But then she's not a klutz. She can't be. It's impossible even thinking that when she saves Paris almost everyday. And after leaving, she became important and did not return as some klutz. But, we'll let her classmates decide that.

Ladybug soon made it to the location Chat Noir was currently hiding in and went down the sewers. The place definitely smelled awful, but so far, it was the safest. Not many creeps were around here.

She walked through many tunnels and took many different paths with the same old features but soon, she found her partner.

He was hiding in some locker room. so she banged on all doors until she heard a shriek.

' That must be his' she thought. So she opened the door.

"Surprise? Anyways, I have a few things to say. While you were gone, you have no idea how traumatic things got here. First of all, plenty of schools shut down and became homes for refugees. Not sure why because absolutely nobody needs them. And don't ask or anything. I know because we don't have any refugees here in the first place. Second of all, our food supply has gone down. By, like a lot. And third of all, I missed you a lot. There are actually other important things but I need a hug".

Ladybug smiled at her silly partner but gave him his hug anyways. To actually survive this war, she needed to give her kitty all the love and attention as possible. But, only as far as friends would.

'okay then, who are our main targets'? She asked.

" well besides Hawkmoth, we have the Bourgeois Family, and a mysterious person I haven't figured the identity of yet. She doesn't look like from around here. She has dark green eyes and tan skin. The times I've heard her speak, I've heard her speak in a different language. But, she seems very smart and doesn't look like the good kind of people. And then, there are about eighty villains we must defeat. And eighty akumas you must purify. But the lady, I still haven't gotten her name".

Ladybug started thinking and was about to say who but Chat Noir stopped her thinking process when they both heard beeping sounds. Something was thrown into the sewers by them.

They both looked at each other and froze. It was a bomb, and the timer read five seconds.

Four

There

Two

And then, one

And soon, it exploded.