Chapter 20

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do,

It all started coming back. Mother was very proud of me. She loved the way I learned so quick. But mostly, she adored my voice.

I'm half crazy, all for the love of you

She was the best human being I have ever met. Always with me when I needed her. She did everything possible to keep me safe. She adored the way I told her I loved her. And she sure got jealous when I told her I also admired my clothes.

It won't be a stylish marriage

She seemed to think I didn't appreciate her love as much as I told her I did. She always did everything possible to be very sure I felt her love three times more than what an average kid would get from their mothers. It made me realize she really tried.

I can't afford a carriage

Grandfather was always disappointed. I would never forget that face. Disappointment, disapproval, dissatisfaction, but mostly, it was always regret.

Apparently, mother had the option of keeping or killing me. Grandfather chose. But he sure looked to have regretted that decision after.

But you'll look sweet,

Always having to fight with others in a match where neither opponent was to show mercy. Something that had to end with a dead corpse. But luckily for me, I've always taken down the opponents even if grandfather still thought they deserved the point.

Always finding an excuse to put me down. But that never worked.

Upon the seat,

I remember the day I was taken. Transferred from home to home. Place to place. From mistress to maid. I've done it all.

Of a bicycle built for two

But her voice, my mother's voice was the best thing I've ever heard. And it sounded even nicer by evening. Where her voice was just right and perfect. No need to tune or warm up. She could just sing and it would be the best thing ever.

And like she's said, "it's just you in the end". I realized. That's what was happening this instant.

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do,
I'm half crazy, all for the love of you,
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage,
But you'll look sweet,
Upon the seat,
Of a bicycle built for two

That song. The only song that I was able to sing. And the last thing I wished to have sung before my voice was ripped from me.

I opened my eyes but quickly shut them.

" we lost him, hurry and bring it quick. The defibrillator, STAT"!

" Charging, Clear"!

I could hear their voices but I couldn't understand what they were talking about. Who was dying? Who were they saving? And where exactly was I?

" No, more energy. 500 volts, hurry"!

I tried opening my eyes once more but the lights around me were just too bright.

"Clear! NO, MORE ENERGY, 600 volts"

Those voices were now inside of my head and I needed to wake up. I had to open my eyes. I needed to. And, where was Chat?

"Oh come on. You can do it. Clear"!

And after adjusting to the light, I realized I was in a hospital room. The operation room to be exact. But, nothing was happening to me. But at least I still had my suit.