Chapter 16

Read the chapter before if you weren't able to

" I have come to think, that you, as my granddaughter, are the best choice for my new, proposal".

'what, proposal '?

"Instead of just taking me down, I'd like for you to do something else as well. Kill one of the boy's that have gotten as close as love should be".

'No'.

" then my dear, you'll have to face my hands once more. Make sure you'll never hear ever again, what do you think"?

'I think I should go'.

"No, come here and look out the glass". Marinette carefully walked over towards her grandfather and peered through the glass right behind him.

Men and women were training. Repeating the same moves over and over again. Some were in simulations while others were sparring.

" Tell me what you see".

' There is no one at rest'.

"Ah, thought you'd be stupid, guess not. You're right. Though, I was expecting you to say something along the lines of 'fighting each other', or, 'training to kill'. That's what your replacement would say as I'd ask him. But as you said, no one rests. Here, we follow a cycle that has no space for rest.

Rest, break, or any of that is almost like saying, our hearts should take a rest. What would happen? Well you'd die of course. And I'm saying this so you understand, that your killing, can never take a rest. It must go on, as it is in your blood.

And you live right with the deadliest person alive. Though, I did get rid of him. A coward he was. Now, who to choose".

' What do you mean'?

" Why, your next target, dear".

' Can't I also be a coward instead'?

"Darling, as heir to the demons head, that's impossible" .

' wasn't my replacement the heir? You've made that very clear'.

"Well, he's made it quite clear that he chose the idiot bat instead of our legacy. So no. Meaning, you fall into place".

' I must get going now'.

" not until you choose. Your ex, Mr Timothy Jackson Drake, your boyfriend, Damian unknown, or your most prized companion, Dear young Agreste ".

'I've never been in romantic relationships with the first two just so you understand'.

" Hmm, to me, I've noted otherwise".

'I'm going'.

Marinette walked away but was soon pushed back by a few assassins that came out of nowhere.

"Choose"

'No'

"Yes".

'NO'.

" young lady, if you don't choose now, I'll have to execute you right this instant".

'go ahead'.

"Fine, I'll add the girl. Miss Rossi if I presume".

'I'm still not choosing '.

" Well, you can go now, I have another plan".

Marinette marched away not thinking about his last few words. What was there to think anyways?

She soon left the underground base and made it out of the entire premises. She ran home and found Lila happily holding a conversation with her uncle.