Chapter 21

Marinette quickly pushed Damian away from her and blushed furiously. Though, not because she felt something, but because she was mad that he even did that!

"Marinette, I'm very sorry". He quickly said. He kind of felt guilty. It was almost as if he just betrayed one of his brothers.

Though, that's actually what kind of happened. Marinette herself felt she cheated on a relationship that didn't even exist. That boy, Tim, he made her feel everywhere. That boy was confusing and to Marinette, well, she couldn't think properly.

She thought about the possibilities of Tim liking her before. But she always shook those thoughts off. Nonsense is all she'd tell herself. But then she thought back to the play. Did those children know the truth or was it what they wished to be the truth?

Nobody would be allowed to break her heart again. Even if they seemed trustworthy. But Tim, he was just a lost cause. She actually imagined a future with him but still tried to keep her head on the ground thinking of more cons then pros.

And right now, her head was a mess. Just like those few paragraphs up above^^^

'Can you please leave me alone right now'. Was all she signed and turned to the opposite direction to where the door was facing. She heard the door slam shut and quickly started thanking the Lord for her loss of voice.

With it, she'd make most situations worse than before and who knows what else could be happening at this moment.

Her head hurt her so very much. She basically witnessed Chat Noir's death. The people trying to help him come back. All useless was her thought. If only she could have used her lucky charm. Right now, at this very moment, she was stuck in her Ladybug costume. She had to be or people would find out.

Eventually they would, but right now it was the only thing she has left that was her secret. But then again, the people she lives with and knows kind of already know. Or well, some. Excluding Lila though. That girl really was part of this new generation. Generation full of blind people. But she's good. Yeah, she's good.

Marinette thought about her favorite moments with her partner. All of those wonderful times they'd dance over railings and rooftops. The times they've tried not to cry by explaining their pasts. And those wonderful ridiculous puns he'd make all day long. Nothing really romantic but it was all just for fun.

Marinette honestly had the best of her days with him. She actually almost felt something for him. But until everyone betrayed her the way she couldn't have ever imagined. All of her feelings died down.

What if she actually became that coward Adrien was and took off. Oh wait, that's what she did. But it wasn't considered cowardice. It was considered strong or brave. She made it through so much and then took her leave. She clearly knew she was going to come back. She just needed a break for a while.

And that's what she got. Only, she didn't expect to almost die the moment she got here.

Tim and her. Her and Tim. That was a fantasy that just couldn't come true no matter how much she would have loved it to.

If it ever happened, there would be consequences. Awful ones actually. Something that would have to stay permanent. Sure, marrying a person from the league means being married to that same person till death takes over. But as someone as powerful as Ra's Al Ghul's Granddaughter, there was gonna have to be a twist. Just to ensure how strong the love for one another really is. How trustworthy both are. And how far they'll go to stay together. Something completely different to the strong love thing actually.

But soon, all you could hear was a frantic beeping sound coming from her heart monitor. All sorts of nurses and doctors came and quickly gave her an oxygen mask.