Chapter 4

A few weeks went by and Marinette practically took over Damian's reign. Everyone was right on her palm. They were all nothing compared to her. And Damian, he just wanted what was his, back.

But he never ever realized she didn't know, what she's caused. What she's formed or anything. Hell, she hasn't even spoken a single word and she became the leader. Like, how is that possible.

Oh well. Things just have to happen.

Right now, Marinette and Damian were in English III and the teacher decided to pair up some students because apparently, a lot of kids were failing and stuff.

"And the last pair..., Mr Wayne and young Graham De Vanily" . Said the teachers deep creaky voice.

Damian's eyes widened. He was definitely not expecting THAT. So after all of the students moved to their seats, Damian walked up to the teacher and decided to talk.

"Why did I have to be paired up with her". He seethed.

" Because no one else would take you. Do you want me to change your partner with one of these people"? The teacher looked around.

"Yes, I'll prefer anyone but her".

" I'll see what I can do".

"Does anyone want to change seats with Mr Wayne over here"? The teacher said. All of the students almost stared in horror. Accepting Damian as a partner was almost like a death wish.

Damian sighed and marched back to his seat. He sat right by Marinette and sneered. The two were supposed to work on some research project about leeches and medicine.

Marinette sensed the tense air around them but didn't want to change it. She quietly did her research while Damian was fighting inside his head. Probably figuring out if he should make the first move or something.

Marinette proceeded to start a blank draft and took down plenty of actual useful points of information. Damian kept on fighting and soon decided to stop. He wasn't going to make the first move. It was up to her.

Marinette now started on some real paper and started scribbling away. All of her most appropriate ideas were used and her writing style for the paper perfectly. After about fifteen more minutes, she finished about three pages and wrote her name on top. She passed the papers over to Damian, and with her pencil, pointed under her name.

Damian looked at her and harshly grabbed the pages. He quickly skimmed through the writing and, it was really good. Even he hasn't ever written like that. But he didn't want to show it.

" It lacks in tone". He said. It wasn't true, but he just wanted to push her buttons. Wonder what she'll do.

Marinette nodded. She raised her hand and the teacher walked up to their seats.

"Yes"?

Marinette carefully grabbed the papers from Damian's grasp and handed them to the teacher.

" Hmm, I really like how the paper is going miss. Very balanced out and perfect. But, I only see your name"?

Marinette looked over at him trying to gain the teachers attention and saying he was just about to write his name.

"Oh, I see". The teacher handed her the papers back and Damian wrote his name. Right under hers. And it was the first time it ever happened. His name was always at the top.

Marinette walked to the front of the class and put the papers inside the "cheese scanner" as the teacher liked to call it. It was actually just an A.I. Reader. And it also quickly gave away the score.