Chapter 6

Ocean

The meeting lasted quite a long time by my standards. But it's not that I've ever attended a business meeting before. 

I really tried to keep all the notes up to date and provide the necessary documentation to the members of the meeting, even though I had a distraction.

His piercing gaze somehow made me insecure and in those moments I squirmed in my chair, as if sitting on thorns. There was something so dark and mystical about him, and the way he spread his dominance through invisible energy waves.

I listened to what Mr. Atkinson had to say on the subject of the additional conditions, when I felt the burning sensation of his gaze. I reluctantly scratched skin on my neck as the nervous tingles spread through my body because the scarf around my neck tighten like a shackle.

Like an eagle lurking for its prey, his penetrating stare following the movement of my hand stopped at my neck.

FUCK!

Suddenly, his frown turned into a confused, thoughtful one, and soon after he returned to his original form.

I quickly adjusted the silk material around my neck so that it completely covered the delicate skin. Not to mention bruised.

Fortunately, no one but him noticed the remnants of last night's melodrama on my body. Luckily.

"I am happy that we reached an agreement, gentlemen. That would be all for today. Thank you all for attending. "

Mr. Atkinson said, getting up from his chair, towering a plethora of papers in front of him, as well as me.

Everyone started to get up, and one by one approached him, shook his hand and greeted. I just nodded my head in thanks.

Kaden approached Jaxon, spreading his dominant aura around him.

"Jaxon, I'm glad we came to an agreement that's good for both sides."

They shook hands and then Kaden turned slightly and held out his hand to me.

I hesitated for a few moments whether to accept the handshake, but the refusal would be extremely rude of me, so I held out my hand to him.

"Miss Ocean, you blending wonderfully, covering the bruised parts of this meeting very well."

I looked at him in amazement, but soon after, I smiled. His grip was getting stronger and more painful. I didn't let it show on me. That wicked smile was still glistening on his face and he slowly began to loosen his grip so I could pull my hand out.

As our hands parted, he gently caressed the inside of my palm with his fingers, and once more crease wrinkled my face in astonishment.

He is using my tactics, confuse the enemy.

The moment his gentle touch tore at my palms, his expression softened to harden like a stone right after. Like rocks that were beaten by the restless and turbulent sea.

He left the conference room and only after I could no longer hear his footsteps did I begin to breathe freely, while my body relaxed like some gelatinous mass.

"Miss Ocean, I see you weren't the most comfortable next to Kaden. Don't worry, he's a story for himself. He obviously left a confusing impression on you. "

Jaxon said nodding his head and looking at me with some warm smile. What a contrast.

"Thank you sir, but you don't have to worry. I believe that there will be many more such business opportunities, I will get used to it. "

He patted me on the shoulder and walked out of the conference room.

God, how much drama is too much? How many trials do we have to be put to to become stronger?

I turned off the video beam and other devices, leaving them in destinated place. I started collecting papers that were scattered on the table, when I felt a short and sharp gust of wind. 

Someone entered the hall.

I didn't even have time to turn around and examine who was that, when I felt the heat spreading from my back to all my extremities.

A refreshing citrus scent mixed with notes of white musk and cedar, adding a woody and spice note. That fragrance spread a sensual aroma around me that filled my nostrils and invigorated all my senses.

I closed my eyes at the intensity of his proximity, for in the reflection on the windowpane I saw a black knight standing behind me, stabbing me with his invisible sword.

Still with my back to him, he clung his body to mine, positioning his head above my right shoulder. His shallow and rapid breathing caused a complete standstill in my being.

His proximity was intoxicating and magical, but with presence of dark spells.

With the fingertips of his right hand, he passed gently, almost imperceptibly, over the gentle and delicate skin of my neck, removing the silk material.

Although I was experiencing the reality with closed eyes, from the intensity of the electricity flowing between us, I could feel that he, too, was looking with eyes wide closed. As I.

He brought his lips closer to my ear shell, while the adrenaline made me hear my blood boiling in my veins and travel to my heart muscle, which was struggling harder and harder to pump blood.

"This is not over yet. We are not done. I'm not done with you. "

He said and held out his hands in front of me, taking the car keys that stood on the table.

And disappeared.