Chapter 47

Ocean

'' Kaden watch out, someone is behind you! The thermal camera spotted him. "

I heard Louis shouting and as I ran up to him, I heard two more shots.

I fell to the floor with both hands over my lips. Tears streamed down my face to fall uncontrollably. I let out a sob as I tried to muffle the screams that reluctantly left my throat.

Louis opened his eyes wide and lowered his head to the floor, exhaling loudly. He threw the headphones on the table and approached me, taking my palms in his.

'' Ocean, Ocean. Calm down.''

I raised my head, but tears blurred my vision and I saw only the contours of Louis's face. I fell on his chest, now sobbing loudly.

The pain I felt was spreading at lightning speed through my body. Louis's arms wrapped gently around my back, as he tried to comfort me.

'' Ocean, calm down. everything is fine. Kaden and Jaxon are returning home. They are alive.''

I abruptly raised my head and wiped away the tears with the sleeve of my blouse.

"But. . .but . . .shots?"

"Kaden was wounded in the shoulder, but its not that bad."

'' Oh thanks God! ''

I exclaimed as I stood up clinging to Louis.

A couple of hours passed, but we still didn't hear from them. I went to Louis again to ask him if he knew why they weren't coming back.

'' Louise, why aren't here yet? Is everything OK?''

'' It's all right Ocean. They had to stop by our doctor to stich Kaden's arm. Don't worry, he'll be here soon. "

I went outside on the porch and stared at the trees. I wouldn't stand for something to happen to Kaden. As complicated as our relationship seemed, something was simple and clear to me.

I love him.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't feel the strong hand wrapped around my waist. I rested my palms on it, squeezing his hand tightly.

Kaden's warm breath swirled around my neck as he planted a soft kiss there. Small small crack on my face.

''I've missed you. I was afraid I would never see you again. "

I told him, while I still had my back to him.

"Did you think you would get rid of me so easily?"

I smiled as his lips lightly nibbled my earlobe. Goosebumps flooded my body and shiver ran down my spine.

"Well, after your speech yesterday that you want a better life for me than what you can give, blah blah, it's normal that I thought that."

"Ocean  I was afraid too I would never bathe in the greenery of your eyes again. That my fingers will never feel the softness of your skin. That I will not feel your warm lips on mine. "

I smiled as I leaned even deeper into his embrace.

"Do you know what I was most afraid of?"

I turned to him slowly, now facing him.

"What?"

He said as we both looked at each other, deep into each other stares.

"I was afraid I wouldn't have a chance to tell you you were going to be a great dad."

I told him gently as I lightly took his uninjured hand and rested the palm of his hand on my stomach.

His gaze flew between my eyes and his hand on my stomach. An uncontrollable smile shone on his face and he lifted me with one hand, spinning me in a circle.

When he finally put me down, he cupped my face and devoured my lips. We both smiled at the kiss. He leaned his forehead on mine and gently whispered to me.

"There is one day. The day you know nothing will be the same. The day when the sun shines on you and you want to bathe forever in its splendor. One day, That's all it takes. Be that day for me Ocean. "

'' I'll be that day for you Kaden. ''

THE END