Chapter 7

Ocean

A couple of days passed in the blur for me. I was overwhelmed with a lot of work every day, and I don't think I need to emphasize that it's getting harder when you're new to work and you're still learning. But I pushed further.

I used the weekend for walks in the nearby parks but I spent most of the time watching movies I had always wanted to watch and books i always wanted to read. The truth is, I didn't know if I would really have a chance to do that in the future. So why not watch them now.

Reclining on the couch in my pj's, and with my hair tied in a messy hair bun, I watched a romance movie. I didn't even notice when tears fell from my cheeks directly into my ice cream box.

I took another big bite of icy sweetness and wiped my face with the cotton sleeve of my pajamas.

Will I ever experience myself feeling this way? That someone is holding me in his arms so passionately and full of heat, while it seems as if the whole world has stopped around us?

I leaned even deeper into the soft, plush pillows and stared at the ceiling.

The tingling rumbled through my body like a blizzard and I shivered as if an ice age had suddenly begun in the room. But it wasn't from the cold. . . nor of ice cream.

The intoxicating scent of his perfume filled my nostrils again, but this one only mentally, and with both hands I embraced my cheeks in a rush of memory.

His arrogance and presumptuous, but flirtatious behavior bothered me for days. His eyes haunted me at night, awakening in me a desire to bathe in their blue depths.

I ran my fingertips lightly over my lips and closed my eyes. In front of me I saw his plump and full lips and wondered how it felt to have them on me.

But still, he was one arrogant scumbag. And my days were numbered.

Monday morning dawned, waking millions of dreamy people getting ready for their jobs, with a desire to stay and continue dreaming in their warm beds.

I was already in my office, going through emails and finishing jobs that were created like a magic wand over the weekend.

I finished breakfast in the canteen, sitting at a table with a couple of colleagues downstairs, uttering only the essentials.

As I was writing an e-mail to another company, there was a knock on the other side and the door opened without my announcement.

Mr. Jaxon Atkinson stood in the doorway, halfway into my office.

"Ocean, you can go home on time today. I'll be at a very important and confidential meeting upstairs, so you don't have to call me when you leave. Leave everything you have for me on my desk. See you tomorrow. "

"It's all right, sir. Thank you and good luck. "

We nodded and saw each other off with a polite smile on our faces.

The rest of the day I was working full steam ahead and when the clock struck 4pm, I turned off my laptop and went out. I left the documents waiting for the boss's approval and signing on his desk, turned off the light in his office, and headed for the elevator.

I pushed a button, and got a few minutes to wait for the elevator to ring. The door opened and a black ghost appeared before my eyes.

I shook my head in disbelief, but the apparition still stood in the elevator, which now seemed to me like a small claustrophobic metal box.

I smiled artificially and, holding the bag in my hand, uttered the words lightly.

"Feel free to go, I'll wait for the other elevator."

At that moment, the elevator door began to close. I mentally sighed in relief.

A hand suddenly appeared in my line of sight, blocking the door from closing.

''No need for that. Come with me. I insist. "

His icy gaze sent fiery elements in my direction. There is something in his gaze that melted me and froze me at the same time.

"If you insist."

I set another smile on my face, deftly concealing the current tension I felt.

I went in and stood next to him, side by side. He was much taller than me, and I felt like a little snowflake opposite him. He was big, manly. And very desirable.

I looked at him out of the corner of my eyes, he was flawless. A pair of unbutton buttons on his shirt, showed me that the meeting was dense. Also, the part of unbuttoned shirt revealed a perfectly tanned skin beneath which sculpted muscles protruded.

Oh my gosh. Without any physical contact, I felt a tightness in my stomach and a strange sensation forming in my core.

I began to squirm in place, slowly shifting my weight from one leg to the other and gently stretching my neck.

Without any announcement, his hand reached out in front of me and after he pressed the button, the elevator stopped.

There was a look of surprise on my face as he slowly returned his hand to himself, slowly and dangerously approaching me.

I took a few steps back, until I felt a cold, metal surface clinging to my back. That was the end, I was clinging to the wall and I had nowhere to go.

He smirked and lightly towered me, placing both hands above me and caging me.

Than he looked me straight in the eyes, seductive, sensual and inthat way that my whole body took away. I couldn't breathe. From excitement.

He tilted his head and looked at me from head to toes, stopping his gaze on my chest and back on my lips and eyes.

"You didn't think you'd get rid of me so easily, did you?"

I squinted my eyes and lifted my chin looking him even deeper in the eyes.

"You're a naughty girl who has to understand that she can't treat me like that."

He told me with a playful and slightly wicked smile on his face. The fingers of his right hand caressed my cheek, crossing over my lips.

He took a deep breath.

Than began to lower his arm further south, down my neck, stopping at my cleavage.

He took an even deeper breath, closing his eyes tightly for a moment.

"I'm going to have to teach you how to behave."

He whispered softly in my ear and the next moment his lips hovered above mine.

We were a millimeter and a millisecond away from something that could have been, I believe an passionate kiss.

I placed my index finger on his angelically soft lips and my other hand on his chest, gently pushing him away.

"The one who needs to learn how to behave is you. Sir. "

At that moment, I pushed my hand towards the control panel and pressed the button. After a few seconds, the door opened and he moved away from me.

A river of people flowed into the elevator, separating us on two opposite sides.

When we got to the ground floor, the elevator started to empty and he headed for the door. He was taller and bigger than everyone else and he was easy to recognize out of the crowd in the elevator. He turned to me, a playful, dark smile formed on his face as he looked at me.

"We'll see each other again, don't worry."

He turned and I merged into the business world that was rushing home in the late afternoon.

I straightened my skirt, took a deep breath, and stepped out of the elevator.