Chapter 22

Ocean

I opened one eye to make sure it was day already. Then I tried to open both eyes at the same time, but it was an impossible mission for me.

The light burned my eyes, which seemed to be glued together. My head was pounding, as if a horse race was just taking place in it. My whole body was exhausted and I think I developed an inflammation of the muscles from high heels.

Clubbing is just not a sport for me. 

I blindly groped the phone on the nightstand and went to messages. Last message by Kaden:

Good girl.

How did he know I went out to the club and then when I got home? I understand that he is a billionaire and that he is influential, but. . .

Just as I was about to leave my phone on the stand, a new message arrived.

I'm expecting you at my place tonight. My driver will pick you up.

That means he came back from a business trip. I sank deeper into my soft pillow and crossed my arms over my neck and lowered them lightly to my chest. In the place where my heart was pounding as if it wanted to come out of my chest.

After our last meeting, I didn't know what to expect next. A slight shiver rumbled through my body, but the feeling of excitement and tingling that occurred a little further south definitely overcame the feeling of fear.

I started the day with one big cup of coffee and after that I started to clean the house, as a way to shake myself a little and get rid of this fatigue and mild hangover that still shook me.

Darkness began to color the sky with its dark palette of colors and cast under the shadow all below its vault.

I wasn't sure what to wear, so I opted for a relaxed version - black jeans with a deep waist and a white T-shirt with a leopard print and a black leather jacket.

Combing my hair and looking at my watch, I saw that it was time to go down in front of the building. The driver will pick me up soon.

Ian's face flashed before my eyes, but I squeezed my eyelids tightly and shook my head. Now is not the time to even think about that son of a bitch.

I got off in front of the building, where a driver was waiting for me in front of a black Rolls Royce Phantom.

'' Good evening Miss Ocean. Mr. Ward is expecting you. "

He smiled generously and opened the car door for me. I sat stiff and breathing shallowly. I had a feeling I was going to brake something if I moved. I was looking out the window and it was pitch dark outside.

After a while, tiny lamps in the distance began to cut through the darkness. We stood in front of a huge wrought iron gate, which opened letting us enter the world of luxury and elegance.

The last time I left Kaden's place, I was in shock and I didn't even pay attention to the house and its surroundings. But now, even in the dark, one could see a magnificent edition of the beautiful mansion he lived in.

The road to it was long, with tree-lined alleys winding around us, framed by perfectly cut grass and low lanterns.

We stopped in the driveway and the driver kindly opened the door for me and disappeared, getting lost in the night darkness.

I stood in front of a massive door that was a wonderful mix of wood and black aluminum. Everything screamed with masculinity and strength, just like him.