Chapter 13

Ocean

"The thing is. . . ''

"Don't even think about lying to me."

I held my breath in my throat and then let it all flow out of me like some fast mountain river tantalizing rocks on her way .

"I owe money. I owe a lot of money. "

I told him seriously, without any hesitation.

Relief.

"More precisely, I owe a lot of money to the wrong people. Bad people. Mafia. "

He frowned, then pursed his lips and his expression was, to put it mildly, surprised.

'' I can tell you I was expecting some sad story about a violent boyfriend, but the mob. . . I didn't expect that. You don't look like a girl who has anything to do with the mob. "

I got up from my chair, walking slowly to the window. With my fingers, I moved the curtain a little to the side and immersed myself in the yellow street lights that lined up endlessly down the street.

"I never thought I would have anything to do with them either. But life can surprise us in the most imaginative ways. "

I turned to him, finishing the sentence. I lowered my guard. I opened up. I felt free, relieved. I didn't know that opening up to someone could bring this much relief.

I took the bottle from the kitchen counter, and stroded to Kaden, filling both his and my glass. He looked at me studiously, as if trying to put the story together in his head.

I picked up my glass and drank it. The liquid once again left a burning and bitter taste and a burning sensation in my throat, but this time less.

"You see, my father was a gambler. But he didn't even realize until the very end that he had left the biggest stake for the end. Me.''

I laughed. Probably in agony.

"At his funeral, I was approached by a group of serious men,coming out of black SUVs, all in black. They let me know that my father had debts. Big debts. And that I am obliged to return them. "

He listened to me patiently, sipping whiskey.

"And so, long story short, I have until the end of the month to return half a million dollars, otherwise Ian will personally organize my funeral."

My story was interrupted by Kaden, who was coughing, choking on the liquid he was drinking. He put his hand to his mouth, wiping the drops of whiskey dripping down his chin, frowning and his gaze was angry, outrageous.

I looked at him confused and continued.

''That would be all. Without even knowing, I was involved in the affairs of the mafia, by no less and no more than my father. When you saved me, Ian and his pals actually followed me and thought I was talking to the police, so they decided to give me a "small warning."

The sharp sound of glass breaking pierced my ears. In front of me, a million small, shimmering pieces of glass shattered on a table, carpet, and wooden floor.

In Kaden's hands was what was left of the glass, which began to glow pale red. Drops of blood poured down the sharp edges of the broken glass and fell on the carpet. His gaze was dark and he himself, seemed closed, inaccessible and deadly.

"What the hell Kaden?"

I approached him quickly, taking a cloth from the kitchen counter. I knelt in front of him, carefully avoiding pieces of broken glass on the floor. With both hands, I slowly opened his bloody palm, removing the broken glass.

I quickly checked to see if there was any glass left in his skin and wiped the cuts, tightening the cloth tightly around his palm.

I looked up, and he was looking me straight in the eyes. I had the feeling that the blue from his pupils had been replaced by the darkest, blackest color.

We looked at each other for a few moments, neither of us saying a word. Both of my hands were tightly wrapped around his. My heart was beating fast, uneven and wild.

He put his free hand behind my neck, moving it slowly toward my face. From the tingling sensation that spread at the speed of light all over my body, I closed my eyes, leaning on his palm that caressed my cheek.

As if someone else was controlling my body, I felt myself slowly leaning towards him as our lips came together gently.

His lips on mine were like drops of morning dew on the newly opened petals of a field flower. Gentle movements were created by our lips, examining the terrain.

I raised my hands and wrapped them tightly around his neck. At that moment, he bit my lower lip demanding entry.

I retaliated, giving him permission to feel me fully. The kiss became more unbridled, energetic and passionate.

A burning sensation began to form between my legs and I let out a low moan. He groaned, ending the kiss and pecked me softly on the lips.

I opened my eyes and admired his beauty while he was still with his eyes closed. He opened his eyes slightly, as if removing the padlocks from them, and placed my palms in his, lowering them down and toward me.

Then he suddenly got up and walked to the window with his back to me, where I had been standing until a while ago.

What just happened? Why did he react so violently when I mentioned Ian to him? Does he know him?

"I have a proposal for you."