Chapter 24

Ocean

I felt a gentle kiss on my forehead and fingers sliding down my cheeks, caressing them. I tried to open my eyes, but the dream kept dragging me into its vortices.

After who knows what time, I woke up for a brief moment, although I was still stunned by sleep. I held out my hand, squinting, but the place next to me was empty. I gathered the last atom of strength and peered on one eye.

Through my thick eyebrows, as if in a fog, I saw that the digital clock on the nightstand showed 3.12 am. I couldn't move or speak, so sleep paralysis threw me back into its chambers. And so I sank into a deep sleep again.

The sun's rays found cracks through the thick curtains on the high windows of the room and spilled over the crumpled sheets. I covered my face with my hands and stretched, waking up from my winter sleep.

I turned to the side and put my head under my palms. I ran other hand across the sheets next to me, where he was supposed to lie. But he was not there.

Pictures from last night flooded in like a torrent and some silly smile flashed across my face. That smile remained so engraved, that by force of will, I simply could not take it off.

I went back to lie on my back and crossed my arms over my chest.

So, I wasn't dreaming. He kissed me and disappeared in the middle of the night. But why? Was this an ordinary night for him, like any other night? And was I a girl like any other for him. . .?

I snorted loudly and slowly got up, wrapping myself in bed sheets in search of my belongings. 

When I got dressed, I left the room looking for. . . him or just the way out. . . I don't even know what I was looking for.

I walked down a long hallway that stretched to a large staircase. I descended a beautiful wooden staircase with a black, metal frame, sliding my hand down the glass railing.

Where should I go now? What should I do?

Looking left and right, and obviously very confused, I saw Kaden approaching me.

The half-naked god, like an apparition, was moving towards me. Only in his speedos and with a wet towel, wrapped around his neck. Tiny drops slid down his sculpted body, caressing each of his muscles. Tattoos completely complemented his personality making him even more enchanting.

He was a hell of a man. Indeed.

My throat tightened and my palms began to sweat. I started clenching my fists, because I suddenly became hot and uncomfortable. I know there's no point in being ashamed, considering I saw him butt naked last night. But I did, I felt ashamed. And I think it showed on me because I could feel my cheeks burning.

He reached out to me, spilling his seductive smile in front of me, his hands dangling as he held the edges of the towel, tensing the muscles of his arm.

"Good morning beautiful."

Dozens of drops fell on my body from his proximity.

''Good morning to you too. ''

He still didn't take that irritating smile off his face.

"Wait for me in the kitchen, I'll be right there."

I nodded, unable to say anything. Utter something, you horny ass!

He walked past me and climbed the stairs. I stole another glance at him from behind, and quickly turned my head, for his broad shoulders and flexing back muscles didn't seem to make me feel any better than I did.

I orientated myself around the house, remembering where the dining room was. Next to it was a wide door that led to the kitchen. I sat down behind the kitchen island, pulling up one of the high chairs.

As I admired the beautifully decorated kitchen, I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it out of my pocket.

Just a little reminder that I haven't forgotten about you. I'll see you soon.

A shiver rumbled through my body and my breath caught in my throat.

"I hope you're hungry."

Kaden's voice came from behind and I quickly turned the phone upside down and set it down on the marble kitchen counter. I wasn't ready to admit to him that my painful days with Ian weren't behind me.

He passed me and stopped on the other side of the island. Suddenly his smile faded, he frowned and looked at me confused and observant. He approached cautiously, leaning against the marble counter, and his penetrating gaze made me even more nervous.

''Is everything OK? You seem. . . scared. ''

I put on a smile and started giggling, trying to dodge out of this situation.

'' Of course, I just feel tired. And hungry! "

I exclaimed, while Kaden was still watching me. Slowly he began to retreat and straighten up.

''OK.''

He said as if he didn't believe my story, but he continued in a slightly happier tone.

"I have a solution to the second problem. Perfect morning pancakes with fruit and topping. "

He put a full plate in front of me. I don't remember the last time someone made breakfast for me, and the thought of him doing that, made me smile.

''Thank you.''

He just winked at me and started eating breakfast from his plate. The tension between us calmed down a bit and I took a bite, watching him eat. He was divine, no one could deny that.I thought of asking him why he left the bed in the middle of the night, but the question could not leave my mouth. He noticed that I was looking at him and he smiled questioningly at me.

''What is it?''

I shook my head, taking another bite.

''Nothing.''

I smiled and he looked down, finishing his breakfast. I watched him for a few more moments and then I did the same.

It was time for me to go home and we found ourselves at the front door. He stood in front of me with his hands in the pockets of his black tracksuits. I began to fidget, staring at him and  than looking somewhere else alternately.

I didn't know how should we say goodbye. Will he kiss me? Do I need to kiss him? Or just say goodbye? All these questions echoed in my head.

"My driver, Jacob, will take you home."

''OK, thanks.''

He looked me straight in the eyes as I stared at him.

"Take care Ocean. See you soon.''

We both leaned towards each other slowly and awkwardly. Kaden stepped back a little, so did I. He leaned slightly towards me again, while I tilted my head towards him and then looked to the side. Uncomfortable situation. Very much.

"Yes, bye."

I patted him on the chest and turned. I took a quick step to the car, where Jacob had already greeted me. I went in, smiling at him once more. He remained motionless and just winked at me.

The engine started and we sailed through the thick alleys that led me away from him.

We did much more intimate things last night. . . much more intimate. But a simple goodbye kiss made us so uncomfortable. Both of us.

---------------------------

Holy moley, over 5000 views in a day! Thank you guys, I am overwhelmed!