Chapter 40

Ocean

After Aria and I went back to the guys, I saw that some things had changed. Louis was no longer as relaxed and talkative as before. His face became a shade darker and more contorted.

He and Aria exchanged a few sentences with each other, not getting too involved in the conversation. I saw that Kaden did not notice that, but now some things became clearer to me.

Occasionally Louis would glance at her, and when she noticed, he would shyly look away. I think Kaden is too strict about these relationships between his sister and people close to him. I wish I could talk to him about it. Although, it would be very transparent, he would understand everything in the blink of an eye.

Here I am thinking how to shorten the torment of carrying a secret as a burden to another, and I myself am overloaded with the burden of my secrets that I hide from him.

The feeling of a being guilty once again crept deep into my bones. At that moment, I hugged him around the waist and rested my head on his chest, which rose and fell rhythmically.

Kaden stroked my hair and kissed me. At that moment Louis stood up, stretching his sore body.

"Well guys, I think it's time for me to go and leave you lovebirds alone."

My cheeks suddenly started to burn. I'm still not used to someone mentioning me and Kaden in their address in a loving sense, let alone the other one. . .

We both got up, and Louis wrapped me in a bear hug.

"I'm glad we met Ocean, I hope there will be more opportunities to hang out like this."

And then he came closer to me and whispered in my ear, but in that way that the others could hear him as well.

"But I hope next time with a little more buzz and chicks."

And he winked at me as Kaden patted him on the shoulder.

"You old bastard."

As they laughed at their internal jokes, I glanced at Aria. She nervously crossed her arms over her chest and looked away. Probably so we wouldn't see her bitter look. The look that would tell all of us that she cared. For him. For Louis.

"It's time for me to go too, I'll call my driver."

Aria opened her purse and dug through it to find the phone.

'' There's no need to call anyone Aria, Louis is leaving too. He can drive you. Isn't that a problem, bro? "

Kaden turned to Louis, who opened and closed his mouth, like a fish on dry land fighting for air. Aria rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to say something, but it was more like chatter than real speech.

'' There's no need, I wouldn't want to burden him. He certainly has work to do. "

At the same time, Louis spoke.

''It's not. . . not a problem. . . I can drive her. "

Then they looked at each other and exchanged strange looks. Kaden was a little confused but continued on his own.

'' No discussion Aria, you're going with Luis. You know I feel safer when you're surrounded by my people. "

'' I really wouldn't know Kaden. I almost don't notice those bodyguard gorillas you gave me. Note the sarcasm. For God's sake, you are a famous billionaire and not some mafia boss. "

Kaden replaced his playful face with a more serious one and looked at Louis significantly. He cleared his throat and laughed, a little forced if you ask me.