Chapter 43

Ocean

Is it possible to love and hate someone at the same time? Is it possible to live and feel that everything inside you has long since died?

His words hurt me more than the very thought of him lying to me.

In front of me stood a person who took my innocence and now he will obviously take my life.

'' Kaden back off. You don't want to do this. "

Jaxon said calmly but with a dose of threat in his voice.

"I've already done it, haven't I, Jaxon? There is no going back this time. "

Kaden answered him as he tilted his head slightly to the side, glaring at me.

'' You know Ocean. . . in the end it will be that instead of freeing myself from the fear of the depths. . . you dragged me into your dark abyss, while your own depths drowned me in their lies. "

His finger hovered on the trigger, while the words from his lips fired instead of the pistol.

"Kaden, I don't think you have the authority to talk about lies. Your secrets, however, are darker than me myself. "

I took a step forward, showing him that I am not afraid. Because if it's over, let all the cards be on the table. So everyone can see them.

He smirked, studying me and not moving his gaze an inch from my eyes.

'' And as for you, Jaxon. . . I think it's time for someone to replace you. . . someone who has become much stronger than you. Let's say, it could be me. "

Jaxon smiled, also holding his finger on the trigger and the gun pointed directly at Kaden.

"And why do you think you're strong enough to replace me? Because you broke into my house? You signed your death wish, it's a shame you won't be alive long enough to realized that. Someone more dangerous is waiting for our mistake."

My blood froze in my veins as I listened to them. I did the only thing I could. I stood in front of Jaxon, protecting him with my body.

"What are you doing to Ocean, get away."

Jaxon said confused.

"You're going to have to kill me first, Kaden."

He smirked again, though I saw the pain, betrayal, and hesitation alternate in his eyes.

'' Ocean, why do you think I wouldn't do that? Anyway. . . that child you're carrying may not be mine. . . but from your dear lover Jaxon. ''

'' What? Are you pregnant? "

Jaxon's voice thundered through the room, and mingled with the sounds of crashing coming from downstairs.

"Congratulations Jaxon, maybe you'll become a dad."

Kaden said mockingly, making fun of me. My heart sank at his insinuations.

'' Don't be fucking stupid Kaden. I can never be the father of that child. "

Kaden began to laugh ominously, narrowing his gaze at me.

"Looks like someone's not that good in bed."

I closed my eyes from the disgust that came over me. Our lies surrounded us like hungry eagles, hovering over our corpses, eager to tear us to pieces.

'' Fucking asshole. Ocean is my sister. "

Jaxon uttered, and I let out a breath I didn't even know I could hold. Kaden's eyes darted quickly over me and Jaxon, trying to figure out what he had just heard.

"Ocean only found out a few days ago. And she is in danger because of me. "

The pistols were still hanging in the air and at any moment one of the two could be expected to fire.

'' Kaden, please leave your acting for another time. You used Ian as your cover to get to Jaxon through me and overthrow him. In the end, you will still have to get your hands dirty and finish the job yourself. Ian won't do the dirty work for you this time. "

Kaden frowned and absorbed my words.

'' Ocean. . . ''

Jaxon said softly, but I had no intention of stopping there. I wanted to give him one last shot, so let it be what it must be.

'' And I'm not pregnant, don't worry, I lied to you. You can kill me with a clear conscience. "

At that moment, Jaxon continued his story.

'' Ian doesn't work for Kaden. He works for. . . my father. "

I opened my mouth in disbelief and glanced at Kaden. He was motionless with no expression on his face. Almost impersonal.

The silence that drowned out all of us in the room with its loudness was interrupted by Louis appearing at the door.

'' What the fuck man? ''

He was surprised and horrified.

"Kaden, what is Ocean doing here?"

We were all silent. No one said a word.

"Kaden, what is Ocean doing at Jaxon's house? And why didn't you kill him? We must fulfill our plan. His warehouses have already been attacked. "

Jaxon cleared his throat.

'' You think it's so easy to get rid of me? I think we all have a bigger problem now than we initially thought, and that is my father and his secret deal with my uncle to take over the mob. At the end of the day, both you and I will be dead, Kaden. "

"I will come to him too. Do you think that I would let the person who killed my father live and make me enter the world of the mafia just to avenge his death? "

My mind worked too slowly to process what was just happening here. William killed Kaden's father? Because of him, he had to get an heir, so that everything would not fall into his hands?

'' Kaden. . . ''

I uttered, as his agonizing eyes tormented me, and at the same time as if they were fighting a battle within themselves. To forget me.

"Kaden, finish this."

Louis said as Jaxon turned to him.

'' Given that all the masks have fallen off, I don't know Louise why you wouldn't admit to Kaden the feelings you have for his sister. I think that would be in the spirit of this conversation. "

Kaden's eyes snapped in Louis's direction and Jaxon laughed grimly.

"You see, Kaden, you can't trust your loved ones either, but I think we've all figured that out here."

I took a deep breath and approached Kaden, pushing the barrel of his pistol against my chest.

'' Finish it Kaden. I can no longer be the object of someone's hatred. I have no more strength. I just don't have it. "

His eyes burned holes in places where his gaze fell. I closed my eyes and put my hand on the barrel of the pistol, pushing it towards me.

"Do it!"

I felt the tube slowly slide down my chest and disappear. I no longer felt its cold touch on my body. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Kaden with his gun down.

"When Louis puts the gun down, I'll put it down too."

Jaxon said. Kaden nodded and Louis lowered his pistol. After that, the three of them lowered their pistols to the floor.

"If we don't unite at the end of the day and beat my father, we will all be dead. Without exception. "

Jaxon said. I looked up at Kaden, who was already staring at me. Something in his look was breaking me.

Sadness, betrayal, love. . . everything was crushed to the tiniest crumbs and left on the threshold of his gaze. Because of me. And for me.