Red String of Fate (II) | Vale x Reader

Written: 25-12-2020

»»—-—««

You have heard stories of other people finding their soulmates, some through unexpected circumstances. However, you felt sceptical because this sounded like a fairy tale in this realistic world.

Since your last performance, you were holding onto the glimmer of hope that you might find your other half. That nagging inkling you have felt throughout the concert should have been an indicator that your special someone was near. However, you knew nothing of the signs of meeting your soulmate.

Your soulmate was indeed at the arena spectating your concert. And you were a fool in not realising it.

Trudging through the busy streets for the third day in a row, the endless walking with no destination in sight is indeed draining you inside out. You were starting to lose hope of finding your soulmate.

Looking at the faint red string loosely tied around your finger, you let out a deep sigh, frustrated with its neverending length. You have scoured through the entire neighbourhood, running and dragging your feet, and tugging on the string, secretly expecting to elicit a response from the person on the other end.

You grumbled as you made your way home, ruffling your hair in annoyance and turning the once neat curls into a bird's nest. The sun has started to set but, you have yet to find your soulmate. It is but another day of failure.

With the hood thrown over your head, you fixed the mask you wore to conceal your identity, and begrudgingly pulled yourself down the streets.

Unbeknownst to you, a male figure was hiding not far away. Watching you trudged down dispiritedly, the male let out a chuckle, feeling amused, but at the same time rueful for toying with your emotions. Seeing your crestfallen state, he decided he could not leave you be, and ought to make his appearance.

And thus, as cliché as it sounded, the darker male resolved to "bump" into you from the opposite direction. However, things did not go along with his plans, and he ended up colliding against your shoulder with slightly more force, sending you tumbling onto your back.

"Shit!" The male cursed at the same time you snapped.

"Hey, watch it!"

Great! You thought. Your day could not get any worse.

Perhaps, this is heavens' way of implying that you are not fated to find your other half.

Picking yourself up, you dusted the bits of gravel stuck to your clothes, only to wince when you felt a stinging pain on the palm of your hands. You flipped over your hands, groaning when you realised you scrapped them when you landed on the rough surface.

"Sheesh, thanks for making my day," you sarcastically remarked with a roll of your eyes as you pulled down your mask.

"Sorry," the male sheepishly replied as he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "I didn't expect myself to have exerted more force than necessary."

"What do you mean by that? Was that on purpose?" you screeched as you snapped your head up.

Instantly, you were captivated just as a pair of warm hands seized yours. The male towered over you sizeably, his broad physique and muscles are features that are drooled worthy. White silky hair atop his head that looks soft to the touch, it created a stark contrast against his tanned skin and further complimented him.

Stunned by his features, you helplessly watched the handsome hunk in front of you brought your scrapped hands closer to his lips. They puckered as a gentle breeze meet against your palms, tickling the skin and sending red to your cheeks.

You flushed and quickly retrieved your hands, causing a fallen look to cross the male's face briefly before it got concealed. Right away, you regretted your action as your heart panged.

"S-sorry," you stuttered in embarrassment and avoided his face, casting your gaze to the ground.

"It's alright. Instead, I should be sorry for grabbing you suddenly," the male flashed an apologetic smile. "If it is not too late for introductions, I'm Vale."

"(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)."

You wrung your hands and eyed your fingers with interest. That is until you realised that the red string around your finger shortened significantly. Your eyes followed the trail, going higher and higher till it landed on a finger belonging to a pair of familiar hands.

Gasping, you stumbled backwards in shock and Vale moved forward to steady you. He gave a knowing smile and realisation dawned on you.

You were about to bring your hands to your lips when Vale caught them in his hold gently. As if it is the final straw, the dam beyond your eyes broke, and tears started flowing endlessly, streaming down your face in two streaks.

Vale brought you into his arms, softly pushing the back of your head into his chest as you continued to cry. He smoothed your hair in an attempt to console you as he thought that he might have taken things a little too far.

"I-I've finally f-found you," you choked out the words through the waterworks.

Arms winding around Vale, you pushed yourself deeper into his chest as you continued to bawl, letting out all the emotions you have been feeling for the past few days. That glimmer of hope was about to diminish, but at last, you have found your soulmate.

Vale placed a kiss on the crown of your head, and magically, your cries turned into sniffles and hiccups.

"I'm sorry," Vale apologised as he rubbed soothing circles on your back.

"Forgiven," you mumbled as you grasped Vale's jacket, scrunching it up in your hold.

Tenderly wiping the tear marks off your face, Vale leaned in, bringing his face closer to yours. Your eyes fluttered shut on instinct, one popping open in surprise as he gave you a butterfly kiss. You giggled shyly, your laughter music to his ears which warmed the insides of his heart.

Vale crouched, allowing you to climb onto his back before securing you by your thighs. He started walking through the bustling city, his long and slender legs taking long strides as you seated upon his shoulders, singing Christmas carols.

You proceeded to hum the cover song, your voice soft but clear enough to be heard by Vale. As the song neared to an end, you abruptly exclaimed, slightly startling the male beneath you.

"Oh, wait!" you continued merrily. "I've yearned to do this."

Vale slowed down in his tracks, stopping in front of the gigantic Christmas tree by the lively commercial intersection.

All I want for Christmas is you, baby

The last line of the lyrics flowed fluently from your mouth. You grabbed Vale by the sides of his head and bent over. Planting your lips on his pinkish ones, you silenced the startled male with a kiss.

You pulled away and bubbled with laughter as your action rendered Vale immobile.

"Merry Christmas, love."

Fin.

»»—-—««

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!