Misunderstanding (II) | Gusion x Reader

Written: 11-02-2021

➳ Definitely OOC

You have been warned!

»»—-—««

"Hey, have you heard?"

"Yeah, more or less. I've never seen (Y/N) this angry before..."

"He screwed up."

A flurry of whispers ensued as you and Gusion became the talk of the school. It's not something that you hear on the grapevine as the students were openly discussing the ins and outs of the party. Since you were expecting this, you were entirely calm as the whispers and chatters flew above your head.

The students can gossip for all they want, and you still would not care. After all, it's not your fault anyway.

Gusion seemed to be more affected by this. Well, this needs no further explanation. He cursed himself, condemning his foul mouth for spouting filthy words without a single thought process.

Since that 'fateful' event, each day passed by like a film in slow motion, and Gusion's world dimmed to a shade of grey. As if his senses faded, he started losing appetite along with his energy to get around for the day. He felt like complete trash, a scum who disregarded your feelings, all because he lacked common sense and a filter for his damn mouth.

However, time cannot rewind.

Bruno had contacted you to fill in on the details. You were infuriated over the simple unwarranted jealousy of your childhood friend, yet depressed that he thought of you this way— a nine-tailed fox.

You and Bruno are just friends, nothing more or less. If only Gusion asked, he would find out that it is all a simple misunderstanding, that the avid soccer player had been the one coaching you all along as you were desperate to shed off your unhealthy fats.

Yet, this root of misunderstanding has sprouted and branched out, further complicating things.

Whenever you caught a glimpse of Gusion from your peripheral vision, you would slink away. A part of you wishes to run up to him and forgive him for everything, while the other refuses to give in, being adamantly stubborn. You needed the time and space to pick up the ruthlessly smashed fragments of your heart.

Walking down the stairs, you stopped short as someone grabbed hold of your hand and gave a soft tug.

"Hey!" You cried out, desperately trying to yank your hand free as the stranger led you to the end of the halls before rounding a corner, obscuring you from the rest of the school. "Let go, you maniac!"

"(Y/N)..."

A whisper, so soft that it almost went unheard if it weren't for your sensitive hearing, tickled your ear. You stopped struggling. That unmistakable voice struck a chord deep within you, leaving you shaky on your feet.

"I'm sorry."

Muscular arms went around your figure, stunning you rooted to the ground as they hugged you.

"I was wrong," Gusion admitted.

'Cute' You had wanted to fawn as he resembled a forsaken puppy, but you composed yourself and responded flatly. "You know what you did."

"Yeah..." The arms tightened considerably, leaving you with enough space to breathe as they brought you against a broad chest.

You spun around in Gusion's hold and glared at him, orbs blazing a fiery orange as you recalled the past events that stirred up unpleasant emotions from the pits within you. You were furious beyond words.

"That was uncalled for, Gusion!"

Gusion stood unwavering as you repeatedly jabbed at his chest with your finger. He deserved it, and he is willing to do anything to atone for his mistake. Kick him, slap him, punch him, and he would take it all. He knew you were not fond of using slangs and vulgarities, and he would try to keep it PG. However, there are no excuses for what he called you. And he is bent on fixing it.

"Honestly, I have no idea why is this even a misunderstanding," you scoffed before looking away with folded arms, breaking the eye contact. "Was it necessary to get so worked up over nothing?"

"Because I harbour feelings for you, (Y/N)!" Gusion admitted, startling you with the sudden outburst. "It pisses me off whenever a guy gets close to you and catch your attention. It makes me jealous to see that you avoided me to spend time with others, especially Bruno. I'm head over heels for you that I desire you to be mine instead!"

"W-what—" you stuttered as blood rushed to your cheeks, painting them red as your pea-sized brain tried to keep up with the words.

"I mean everything I said."

"But first, apologise," you replied as you firmly stood your ground.

Baffled, Gusion thought he messed up once more before finally catching onto the hidden meaning.

"What I said previously was out of line and hurtful on many levels. You're charming and one-of-a-kind, and I love every part of you, though this does not excuse me." Gusion apologised with sincerity as he gazed at you hoping for a second chance. "(Y/N), I'm sorry for calling you a tramp."

Crap. You were only expecting an apology, but it came with a confession instead. Heart thudding wildly against your rib cage, you tried to restrain the urge to double over and laugh in glee as you could not stop the emotions from bursting forth.

"You're forgiven," you mumbled as you peeked at Gusion whose lips lifted into a smile.

"Is there anything that I can do to make it up?" Gusion asked.

Your expression, however, changed, and a frown embedded itself on your forehead when you caught sight of the adhesive plaster on his cheekbone. You tenderly ran your finger over it, immediately feeling sorry for scarring his flawless face. You had unknowingly struck him with the hand that was wearing rings.

Gusion chuckled, reassuring you all was fine as he saw you fussed over his small injury. His heart warmed at the sight of you scrutinising his face for other wounds. When there is none, you heaved a sigh of relief before looking up at him expectantly.

"Anything?" you echoed his previous words. "Then, Kiss me."

"W-wait... Huh— wh-what?" Gusion was speechless and could not articulate the right words to form a sentence.

Without waiting for his response, you proceeded to yank on the collar of his shirt, bringing him down to your eye level. Gusion's eyes went wide with bewilderment as you connected your lips with his, bringing him in for a simple yet intimate moment.

Sparks flew, and everything in the background soon became non-existent. In this breathtaking moment, this world only consists of you and Gusion. Probably not that amazing since it happened in a shady corner of the school, though.

Gusion's arms went around your waist and pulled you flush against his chest, while your arms snaked around his neck, pulling him in. Eyes fluttering shut, the two of you savoured every second of the slow kiss, pouring every emotion into it, including the times of missing one another's voice and warmth. Only when the kiss started to turn passionate that you decided to break away to catch your breath.

Panting heavily, you made eye contact with Gusion as you cupped the sides of his face and breathed out.

"I love you too, dumbass."

Fin.

»»—-—««

Can you believe I wrote this during office hours owo
Anyways, this is trash...