All Ends Well | Ling x Reader

Written: 28-06-2020

Edited: 27-05-2021

➳ Mild Swearing

»»—-—««

Speedily walking through the hallways of the Academy, you kept glancing from left to right. For a second, you looked highly suspicious, but you could not care less. There is another pressing matter at hand.

Though afternoon classes have ended, there were still pockets of students lingering behind for their extracurricular activities. The students proved to be a great distraction, and you felt reassured. You are confident in doing this.

A beep from your digital watch made you hasten your pace. As the beeps became more frequent, your power walk started to turn into you running at full speed. As a multiple consecutive champion-holder for your school's annual race meet, you are not one to be taken lightly. The time, sweat and effort you spent at training under harsh conditions were not for nought.

Weaving in and out of the school' blocks, you attempted to shake off the figure hot on your tail. You ducked into an empty lab and slammed the door shut. Heavy pants left you as you leaned against the sliding door to catch your breath.

"...Huff huff..." you wheezed out as you placed a hand on your chest to calm the erratic beating of your heart.

It has been a while since you felt the need to give in your utmost effort. Truthfully speaking, no one in the Academy could stand on the same level as you when it comes to running. Besides your nickname, you were titled "The Falcon." You lived up to it, your physical strength and abilities surpassing everyone. All except one.

You thought you managed to shake the person off when you could not hear anymore beeping. Falling to your knees, you began taking in deep lungfuls of air. You fixed your gaze outside the window, watching the last fall of white flakes as the season approaches an end.

A change in sound frequency snapped you out of your daydream. Your ears were fairly sensitive when you are on high alert. You have an inkling. It is faint but present.

"(Y/N)..." a cool voice faintly whispered out, dragging out the end of your name on purpose.

And, it was then that you realised you forgot to lock the door.

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.

Certain that the chaser was lingering on the other side of the door, you scrambled up to lock it. Idiot. How stupid can you be?  Your senses never fail you. A string of thoughts filled your mind as you contemplated your next move.

Eyes shifting towards the window, you were fully aware you are on the second level of the building. However, the benefits outweigh the risks. Sure, you will suffer superficial wounds, but it was better than getting caught. Anything but that.

Your mouth stretched out into a full-blown grin. This kind of thrill is what you sought for, and you were going to enjoy it to the fullest on this wild 'ride'. After all, life is short.

Sprinting to the other side of the lab, you leapt over the wall and out of the window. Your muscles relaxed and tightened accordingly to soften the impact of your jump. Cursing inwardly, you had to land on a bush instead of the ground. Multiple cuts decorated your arms and legs, some discharging a pinch of blood.

Once on your feet, you did not waste a second in taking off. You hissed when a gust of biting wind smacked into your figure forcefully. Body slightly shivering from excitement, the adrenaline coursing through your veins did nothing to ease it. Gritting your teeth with determination, you let your legs and arms do the work.

This time, you decided to leave the campus.

Meanwhile, the person hunting you down was also silently enjoying the chase. He was attracted to your antics. The way you run and your reactions, he fancied them all. He could not fathom this underlying emotion of his, but for now, you were his prey, and his eyes are on you.

While you were running and seeking 'refuge', he was quietly leaping from the roof of a building to another. After all, he is not the best assassin for nothing.

You had placed a tracker on him that alerted you of his whereabouts through your digital watch. However, the minuscule blinking object did not escape the assassin' eyes. He only softly chuckled before chucking the tracker away.

As the riverside came into sight, your momentum gradually relaxed. Plopping down under a huge barren cherry blossom tree, you stretched your legs to soothe your aching thighs and calves. This should be far enough. That was what you thought.

A figure stealthily landed in front of you.

"Gosh, dammit!" You shrieked in fright as your eyes shifted upward.

Deciding you were about to make a run for it, a sword thrust into the ground beside you. You sweatdropped and raised your hands in mock surrender.

"And just where do you think you're going?" the figure mused as he looked down at your slightly cowering figure.

"I knew I cannot escape you." Faking a scowl, you locked eyes with a pair of amethysts. "Cyan Finch."

The aloof Finch just flashed you a smile in return.

»»—-—««

There's a part 2 for this.

If I combined 2 parts under a chapter, the total word count would exceed 2000.
I wasn't sure how to separate them so I decided to break it like that. Therefore, this chapter is kinda... short.

And, I have always wanted a Ling x Reader oneshot LMAO don't mind me, I'm just going with the flow...