Meteor Shower | Faramis x Reader

Written: 09-07-2021

➳ Slight angst

Another one that is also long overdue... ☞☜
As this was written on a whim, the plot may not be solid.
You have been warned!

»»—-—««

"Hey, hey. Say, what will you do if I only have a few days left to live?" you pondered out loud nonchalantly as you sprawled across the table a few feet away from the alchemist.

Faramis raised his head and looked at you indifferently just as he stopped pipetting the mysterious potion in the test tubes. "Don't spout such foolish questions."

"Aww, c'mon," your lips puckered into a pout. "Although you're considered undead, I am but a mere mortal. Death is part and parcel of our life, something that's inevitable."

"And remind me, why are you here?"

"Well, duh. It's because you're lonely, and coincidentally, I needed someone to talk to." You shot the alchemist a playful wink and did mini hearts with your fingers, causing the said figure to frown. He could never understand how you can be so expressive with your emotions.

Being a wild adventurer, you sought thrills from journeying to vast treacherous realms with extreme weather conditions, even as far as the Barren Lands, home to all abyssal creatures and evil spirits.

An ancient castle stood alone in the Barren Lands, one that fell to ruins many years ago. Legend has it that the previous queen offered sacrifices to the devil to save the fallen king. Unable to provide any more offerings, her eroded soul eventually turned her into a full-fledged monster, further leading to the demise of her kingdom.

There was an alchemist who pleaded mercy for the kingdom's people. However, the army of the Moniyan Empire did not relent and instead chained him in a heavily guarded laboratory.

As Faramis watched the knights smeared the castle with charcoal and torched it up, he miraculously survived the ordeal as it burned to an unrecognisable state. However, the Imperial Knights did not conduct a thorough check and failed to realise the underground is still intact.

Thus, the alchemist continued to reside there as he plotted his revenge against the Empire. And that was also how you stumbled into him as you wandered around the desolated castle.

You were from the Moniyan Empire, the source of his hatred. It took you a long time to earn his trust, but giving up is never in your dictionary. At first, Faramis was very hostile and tried many ways to kick you out, even resorting to offering you a poisoned drink which you gullibly accepted. Of course, you ended up collapsing and convulsing on the floor, the toxin working almost immediately as it got absorbed into your bloodstream.

Nevertheless, Faramis poured the antidote into your mouth. He admitted that you're a fool, but he never knew you're the fool that will soon grow on him. After all, he was also once human.

You are a mage and have mastered the art of teleportation. However, you can only cast this skill to places you have been to before. Otherwise, you will end up in a different land, and you would be terrified because you would not have the appropriate necessities.

With your skill, you decided to visit the lonely alchemist, startling him with your unannounced arrival. It also brings you back to your endless questions at hand.

"Hey, you haven't answered my question," you whined.

"I'm not obligated to respond, though."

"Aww, how cold."

"Thanks, I was already dead."

Realising that was a pun, you doubled over in laughter. "Nice one!"