Fight for Love (II) | Dyrroth x Reader

Written: 25-07-2020

➳ Mild swearing
➳ Mild gore

This chapter is dedicated to chibi-strife. Thanks for being awesome!

»»—-—««

Dropping to your knees, you took in big gulps of air as sweat dribbled down your forehead and chest. Your tank top has turned a darker shade of grey, a proof of how hard you have been training. Sweat glistened your body, and you inwardly grimaced at the stickiness on your arms and legs. As much as you have became used to the hellish training, you despised the sweat and dirt clinging onto your skin.

Today's training is not exceptional. Each day, you and the knights are drilled to the core, pushing past limits. Under the strict tutelage of Tigreal, you trained till you could not move a muscle. With great potential, you steadily climbed the ranks, surpassing the other knights in the same troop as you. Soon, you became the vice-captain, the second-highest rank in the Knights' Order, just below Tigreal.

You are now twenty-two years of age. It has been five years since the incident and you have matured. Due to the harsh training you underwent, you now possess a leaned and toned figure. The muscles on your body are the reward for the blood, sweat, and tears you have poured into the training.

Being a princess of royalty, the king forbade Silvanna from participating in the training. However, she accounted for that by being the brains of the Knight's Order. Behind the scenes, she would devise various battle strategies with utmost clarity. Any knight can easily find you and Silvanna in Tigreal's office, discussing tactics with deep concentration.

Taking a swig of the clean water, you doused the remaining over your head to freshen up. A pair of polished blades rested in their sheaths, tied to the sides of your waist. Your nimble figure allows you to have the advantage in combat, and you found potential in wielding a pair of thin Chinese Long Swords.

Picking up your cape, you threw it over your shoulder and made your way back to the barracks. With another day of training being concluded, you inched a step closer to your goal.

Bearing the promise you made with Silvanna in mind, you will get him back at all costs.

Even if it means picking up a sword.

And, staking your life.

You watched from atop a boulder, sweeping your gaze over the knights before you. From above, this formation is no doubt the most suitable.

The cavalry, acting as the vanguard, comprised of swordsman and lancers, were stationed at the front while the light infantry flanked their sides. They are leading the cohorts of knights. As the main group of knights followed behind the cavalry, keeping up were several units of reserves.

At the end of the formation, the light infantry guarded the baggage, supplies and equipment, for the whole army. Several units of the cavalry and infantry, including some of the very best knights and archers, surrounded the light infantry to defend against attacks from the rear. Rows of knights flanked the army, with more on the cavalry and infantry's side.

The expeditions were tiring, but the resolve of retrieving their prince made the knights soldier on this long and arduous journey. With each expedition, you were a step closer to finding him.

It has been a month since you set out with the knights in search of the missing prince. Truthfully, you have an inkling that this will be the last. Everything will be fine after this. Because if any more, you might lose your sanity for good.