Thief of Hearts (II) | Claude x Reader

Written: 29-05-2020

Edited: 27-01-2021

»»—-—««

Saturday came around the corner.

Claude had not felt this nervous in a while. Dressed in his Sunday's best, his hair is combed and slicked to the back. With a bouquet, he appeared on your doorstep. He was about to knock on the door when it swung open and smacked him in the face.

You grabbed your purse and slipped into your wedged sandals. You were about to step out of your house when you realised you had just opened the door in someone's face. You jumped slightly and peeked behind the door to find Claude rubbing the aching side of his cheeks.

"Sorry, I was not expecting you so soon," you apologised.

"It's alright. First impressions matter," Claude bashfully laughed. "These are for you."

Following that, Claude shoved a bouquet of roses toward you. Accepting the roses, it brought a faint blush to your cheeks. It is a first for you. You went back to set the roses in a vase before heading out again.

Claude eyed you from head to toe. He is awestruck. Labelling you as ravishing is an understatement. A shade of red tainted his cheeks when realisation dawned on him. He quickly averted his eyes.

"Where should we go?" you asked as the two of you started walking.

"Not really. Do you have any place in mind?" Claude grinned. "Anywhere is fine as long as I am with you~."

Hearing those cheesy words, you lightly punched his arms in embarrassment.

The streets near your house were lively, and many cute stores were aligned neatly. Remembering there is a cute café just around the corner, you perked up. Your eyes lit up and instantly, you forgot you were out with someone.

Grabbing Claude's hand, you excitedly pulled him along. Meanwhile, the poor guy turned beet red at your brazen act. You stopped in front of a glass door. The bells gave a slight jingle as you entered, still holding onto Claude.

Pastel colours adorned the walls of the store, radiating a soft and soothing atmosphere. Many rows of confectioneries and desserts lined the shelves.

Your eyes glittered as a waitress handed over a menu and directed both of you to a table. You were skimming through the menu when you felt a pair of lips on your hand. Tilting the menu to the side, you saw Claude placing a kiss on your knuckles. Raising his eyes, he looked at you from under his lashes as he grinned. Gosh. The things you want him to do- WAIT.

Flustered, you retracted your hand instantly and flung the menu in his pitiful face, again.

"Stop that," you mumbled, feeling self-conscious for a moment.

You were a blushing mess. The audacity of a man to commit such acts on the first date made you frown. However, you did not dislike it.

Claude smiled widely as he picked up the menu.

After ordering two parfaits and chocolate puddings, a slice of blueberry cheesecake, an apple pie and a slice of lemon tart, you realised Claude was staring at you oddly.

"What? There is always room for desserts, okay," you gave a pout as you defended yourself.

Two servings belonged to Claude while the rest are yours.

Staring at the desserts laid before you, you took out our phone to snap a picture. Claude also has his phone out but, instead, he secretly took a picture of you. You were engrossed in eating that you did not realise the way he looked at you. He thought that it was cute that you resembled a chipmunk when you stuffed your mouth.