Hay Fever? Or Not | Estes x Reader

Written: 06-07-2021

➳ F!Reader
➳ Modern AU

Long overdue... gomenasai ʕ ﹷ ᴥ ﹷʔ
Enjoy! I'm off to sleep—

»»—-—««

You dumped your bag on the table before slumping over the table in your seat, causing your friend beside you to look over.

"Woah, (Y/N)! Are you alright?" Lolita exclaimed, concern written all over her face.

No surprise, you are not alright, having fits of sneezes and coughs on the way to school. You paid no heed to it since you considered these symptoms to be pretty mild.

"I'm fine. Just down with hay fever, I guess..." you mumbled and adjusted the mask covering the lower half of your face.

"Oh, that reminds me, Spring is almost here." Lolita shot you a look of sympathy. "Take care of yourself, alright? We're here if you need us."

"Thank you..." you hummed in appreciation before turning your head the other way and stared out of the window absentmindedly, slowly immersing yourself in the clear blue sky decorated with white clouds.

Feeling drowsy, you are currently unable to focus on Professor Gord's lesson. You had earlier propped a book up on your desk to pretend you were listening, so you were not afraid of getting caught. With the minutes ticking by slowly, the lesson felt forever, and you could not wait for it to end.

"Are you okay?" Nana peered up at you with her large innocent eyes as she walked beside you. The bell has rung earlier, signalling a change of lessons.

"You don't look fine at all," Diggie piped up worryingly.

"I'm alright, guys, just the hay fever acting up." You shot your friends a smile of reassurance as you fell into step with them. Deep down, it's taking a toll on your body, but you aren't planning to worry your friends over something trivial.

The two small friends looked at one another in silence.

"Over here, (Y/N)!" Bruno hollered from your right. Once he entered your peripheral vision, you passed the ball over without hesitation. With a back heel kick, the soccer ace delivered it straight into the goal, scoring another point for the team.

"Nice one!" You panted as you bent over, resting an arm on your thigh to support your body weight. Figuring that nothing would go wrong being in the school's gymnasium, you had removed your mask earlier.

"I knew I could count on you," Bruno laughed as he jogged over, giving you a fist bump but stopped short once he saw how pale your face is. "(Y/N)? Your face is paler than a sheet."

"Huh?"

"I've heard about your condition from Lolita and Nana. be honest with yourself. Are you sure you're alright?" Bruno looked at you quizzically.

"I... don't think so..." You finally admitted as you felt your ears started to buzz and the ringing inside your head gets louder, the deafening noise repeatedly pounding against your skull. Shit.

Feeling light-headed and disoriented, the axes in your world spun, and you could feel the strength gradually sipping out of your body. All you remembered were the screams of various people and the dreaded look on Bruno's face before blacking out.

"(Y/N)?!"

Thankfully, Bruno reacted quickly, and he managed to catch your falling figure before you can pay respects to the ground. He tried to shake you awake, but to no avail, your body remained limp in his hold.