Until We Meet Again | Valir x Reader

Written: 10-04-2021

➳ Modern AU where powers exist
➳ Angst (?)

»»—-—««

In this seemingly fictitious world, superpowers exist. The peace of society rests on the shoulders of those who possess them as they bid the malicious good riddance. Though the ill-intentioned ones are often in hiding, they are recognisable through the air of miasma surrounding them.

Humans who naturally possessed a pure element type of power were born gifted, and they stood at the top of the hierarchy. Many of them ventured into the fields of medical, networking and cybersecurity, displaying their outstanding expertise.

Having born with a healing talent, you decided to advance your career as a doctor where you will be able to put it to good use. Given the earnings you have amassed over the years, you lived comfortably, having a roof over your head and enough to feed a mouth.

It is just another day in the hospital founded by Professor Gord. And another of having to deal with someone.

"You gave me a fluttery feeling."

"I see— what?" You dropped the clipboard and pen on your lap and gave the patient in front of you a bewildered look as he described his symptoms.

"It's like butterflies swarming my stomach, tickling my insides."

"Hold up," you laughed along and mocked surrender. "If you ever need to consult a specialised doctor in this field, they're two doors down."

"C'mon, Dr. (Y/N)," the fiery orange male propped his arm on your table, lips puckering into a pout as he sulked. "I'm your boyfriend."

"Not the right place and time, Sir."

"Fineee." Figuring he could not win you over, Valir shrugged his shoulders and got up, smoothing out his jeans before flashing you a cheeky grin. "See you later, my little spitfire."

"Says you!" you scoffed in response, making your boyfriend chuckle as he retreated out of the room.

Vale took a seat in the waiting room, watching the people walk to and fro busily. A mere thirty minutes to the end of your shift, but time seemed to crawl painfully slow. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he could not stop glancing at his watch every twenty seconds, wishing the second hand would tick a little faster.

Letting out another sigh, Valir messed with the cap on his head, ruffling up his hair. At the same time, you hung up the coat on the rack and grabbed your handbag, ready to leave.

"Valir?"

The said male perked up as he heard his name. He let out a low whistle in approval once he saw your outfit without your work attire. Eyeing you from head to toe, Valir checked you out shamelessly.

"Stop that!" you whined in embarrassment and smacked his chest lightly before hooking an arm around his.

Valir leaned over and kissed you, the heat from his lips lingering over the skin of your cheeks.

"Shall we go on a date?"

Petals of different shades fell like large confetti, tickled by the wind that gently swept through between the branches. Cherry blossoms in full bloom, they lined neatly along the riverbanks, a perfect time for viewing and a getaway.

You and Valir strolled along the banks of the Kamo River. Currently, the two of you are in Japan for a vacation. Starting in Tokyo, you slowly travelled down to Kyoto, passing by Shizuoka and Nagoya along the way.