Fight for Love | Dyrroth x Reader

Written: 17-07-2020

➳ Mild Swearing
➳ Aurelius is Dyrroth's birth name
➳ Dyrroth is 18 y/o here

This chapter is dedicated to skeiso ʕ≧ᴥ≦ʔ

»»—-—««

You looked into the mirror and adjusted your evening gown, flattening out the slight wrinkles. With one more playful twirl, you gave another perfect smile as you looked at your reflection. When you decide that you were ready, you exited the manor and, hopped onto the waiting carriage bounded for the palace. Finally, the long-awaited day has arrived.

Growing up with Silvanna and Aurelius, the third, your family can be said to be close friends of the Aurelius'. Today marks a special day for the royal family. The prince has reached the age of maturity, and there will be an extravagant celebration. Invitations were already sent out a year in advance across the Moniyan Empire.

Gazing out of the carriage, huge pine trees passed by in a blur. Stratus clouds scattered across the expanse of the heavens, and with the sun starting to set below the horizon, this evening celebration proved to be an excellent choice. The ride was smooth, coupled with a few occasional hard bumps along the way which left your bottom sore.

In the distance, the glimmering windows of the Aurelius' came into sight. You knew you were reaching your destination when the carriage started travelling on a smooth path. Slightly poking your head out of the window, you saw a row of carriages bearing various royal crests, patiently waiting in line. After all, a list of distinguished guests is expected to make an appearance. You are not an exception and had set off earlier than your parents.

After rounding a bend of a 3-tiered water fountain, the carriage came to a standstill. You have arrived at your destination. Extending a hand to the coachman, you lightly picked up your dress and alighted the carriage. You gave thanks to him and made your way into the main building of the palace.

You made your way towards the adjoining building, your heels clicking against the polished palace floor. As you passed by the other guests along the way, you briefly smiled and greeted them.

After many turns and climbing of stairs, you stood before the set of palace doors that loomed over you. There were ancient designs on the door, dating back to the early years of the Aurelius' royal family. You knocked twice before them open.

You slightly lifted a leg and sauntered through the gap, the doors lightly closing behind you with a soft click.

"You're here, (Y/N)," a silky voice warmed your ears.

"Of course, wouldn't miss this for the world, Aurius," you smirked, using the nickname you have for Prince Aurelius III as you locked eyes with him.

Getting up from the armchair, Aurius brought you into his arms. Your gloved arms wrapped around his torso, resting them on his back as you returned the hug. "Happy Birthday, my love."

You tiptoed and placed a lingering kiss on Aurius' cheeks. You also took a whiff of his cologne and boy does your man smell good today.

"Thanks, love. You looked ravishing," Aurius mumbled as he dipped his head, planting a kiss on your lips.

"Says the charming one," you chuckled and hooked your arms around Aurius' neck, pulling him into a passionate kiss.

After a long moment of tongue fights, sucking and nibbling, the two of you pulled away, panting heavily for air. Your lips were red and swollen from that heated exchange, tempting Aurius to devour you on the spot. His hair was also dishevelled from your light yanking and tugging.