YES | Claude x Reader

Written: 15-03-2021

Edited: 26-06-2021

➳ Modern AU

»»—-—««

Clear drops of water trickled down the layer of glass, the soft pitter-patter of rain on your windowsill music to your ears. The gentle breeze sips through the small opening between the panels, resulting in the furin wind chime hanging above the blinds to sway softly to its rhythm.

Oh, what a way to spend the day snuggling under the sheets as they enveloped you in a comfortable embrace.

Wait- That's some wishful thinking you have there.

Towering waves that stemmed from the noise created by your best friend tipped over, breaking the soothing silence and disrupting your sea of serenity. Letting out a huge sigh of defeat, you turned around to the one who has been trying to catch your attention for the past three hours.

Brazenly sprawled across the sheets of your neatly arranged bed, Claude hugged the pillow close to his chest as he stared up at the ceiling and monotonously had your name on repeat.

"Are you chanting or something?" you huffed in exasperation.

"Nooo," Claude whined, dragging out the word on purpose as he stole a look at you. "It's because you're not giving me attention."

"Are you a child? Because last I recall, you were the one who invited yourself into my room," you deadpanned.

"But I'm your best friend!" Claude exclaimed as he threw his hands up, but his voice died down towards the end, and his lower lip protruded in a sulky pout. "...or maybe we can be something more..."

"Pardon?"

"It's nothing!" The ashy brown male chuckled nervously, shrugging his shoulders in pretence as he sat at the edge of the bed.

Claude eyed you suspiciously as you stood up without a word and made your way over towards him. Taken aback by surprise, he stared at you in bewilderment as you hugged him and ruffled his hair. Usually, you would voice out the complaint. Strange.

"There," you spoke up and retreated a step, pulling Claude onto his feet.

"As much as I'd enjoy your company, I need you to be excused so I can focus on my work."

Claude followed like a lost puppy as your hand wrapped around his wrist in a soft grip, gently tugging him towards the door. He is utterly confused. One moment, you were giving him your attention. The next, you are chasing him out of your room.

"And pull up your sweatpants. They're about to fall," you piped up as you eyed the piece of article that hung loosely around the male's hips. "No one wants to see your junk."

Claude hunched over and coughed as you tugged his pants up and yanked hard on the string, choking him in the process as you tied a knot.

"It w-won't!" Your best friend choked out. "And no one's going to see my junk anyway!"

"Ok, sheesh, get going. I'll find you once I'm free."

Pushing Claude out, you gently shut the door in his face, feeling a tad guilty for that. Frankly, you were designing a gift for him, even though there is no occasion. You had tried to play it cool so that your friend will not stick his nose in and prob you for answers.

Flopping back down onto your chair, you went back into a trance as you continued occupying yourself with the scrapbook. As if your hands have a mind of their own, they moved magically, grabbing, sticking, and cutting the decorative materials.