All Ends Well (II) | Ling x Reader

Written: 03-07-2020

➳ Mild Swearing
➳ Fluff overload

➳ Might be OOC

This chapter is dedicated to AngelJung5679 . Thank you for the constant support!

»»—-—««

You were just a kid when Ling moved into the house beside yours. With his room directly opposite of yours, the two of you would talk late into the night from across. He was not a social butterfly so you would do all the talking. Gradually, he warmed up to the nonsensical you and you are the only one he tolerates.

Heck, you and Ling even enrolled in the same schools. It isn't a secret that the two of you were practically joint at the hips.

Ling became your best friend and you would often crash his house and have impromptu sleepovers. That ultimately happened because he gave up persuading you that a lady should not randomly enter a man's room. The last time it occurred, you shrugged it off and made a casual remark."Well, it's not like I've never seen all of you before."

Liar. You learned the 'hard' way when you barged into his room unannounced, again. Long gone was the scrawny kid from the past, and in its place lies a fine and toned physique. You were marvelling at his lean and muscular body before you realised what you were doing. It had you quickly scrambling out the window in embarrassment, leaving an astounded half-naked Ling.

Through your many ups and downs, Ling has seen them all. He was there when you celebrated your achievements. He was there when you were under the weather, giving you hugs as well as hair ruffles. He was there when the scum of your boyfriend cheated on you. Ling beat him up behind the scenes. He helped you to move on and have you realised your worth. You could not have asked for a better best friend.

Growing up with Ling, you just hoped that nothing changes. That fun will last forever.

So why were you now running from him?

Everything stemmed from your roommate. As you and Ling moved into the school dorms, you would still relentlessly crash his room. Old habits do die hard. Your roommate misinterpreted the relationship between you two, thinking it was more than just friends. That arose a huge misunderstanding because you soon found a box of condoms on the top of your drawer.

Ever since then, you started to become self-conscious, even to the point of avoiding Ling in the Academy for the next few days. He's just a best friend. Why did everyone think we're a couple? Alas, you were not even sure why you were shunning him.

Being your best friend and partner in crime, Ling was a little stupefied. What went wrong? Was it something that he did? If not, why were you avoiding him like the plague?

Feeling disturbed, the calm and collected guy lost his strict composure during training and lessons. Ultimately, he swore to get to the bottom of this at the end of the day. He is going to confront you.

If he has to take some extreme measures to have you face him, he will.

And he did.

"What's wrong?" Ling softly broke the silence before resuming his question. "Did I do something?"

The heated gaze from the Cyan Finch was boring into you. You opened your mouth to speak up, but no words were uttered. You find it hard to tell him about the root of the problem, much less the box of condoms you received as a 'gift'.