Sunflowers | Leomord x Reader

Written: 27-04-2020

Edited: 02-09-2020

»»—-—««

'How long has it been?' he wondered.

Kneeling before a grave, he placed a bouquet of flowers as well as a variety of desserts. Gazing at the plate with love and adoration, he used a finger and slowly traced the carved letters.

Summoned from the dead, Leomord was forced to protect his kingdom before it falls to ruins. Once again, he is enslaved by Vexana. Void of emotions, he no longer has the capability to feel them.

The tables turned when you came into his life.

Losing your parents since young, you grew up alone. Great power resides within your being which terrified the people around you. As a result, you were teased and bullied endlessly. You learned to live with that. When you matured, you left your hometown in search of your destiny.

Endless of hardships await but your perseverance knows no boundaries. Caught up in wars, your journey seems long and arduous but you knew there is something in store for you. The great unknown is not stopping your adventure.

As you wandered through the land of the undead, you came across him. He was engaged in a losing battle when you decided to recklessly jumped in. The cool flame danced within your palms as you repeatedly fired them. Ultimately, you saved the man on a horse whom you came to know as Leomord.

Days past and both of you were comfortable with the presence of another. Most of the time, you will be the one to start the conversations and would go off on an endless ramble. Leomord will only give nods and short replies in return. However, you do not mind.

At one point, he shared his story whereas you told him about your journey. Without a word, he decided to follow alongside you. Needless to say, you appreciated the company.

Side by side, both of you engaged in fights and battles. Words spread and the land of the undead came to know about a special duo. However, they all died in the hands of the pair.

The coordination between you two is flawless.

At the end of the journey through the land of the undead, you realised you have affections for the undead knight. However, you are not sure about the said man.

When you got hurt, a slight frown always etched on his face as he tends to your wounds. His chest feels a throbbing pain. Despite the injuries, you shrugged them off and still gave a wide smile. Your goofiness will tug a small yet evident smile on his face.

To Leomord, that smile of yours is like the sun. The urge to protect your wellbeing and smile became his priority. He concluded that this is love. He was surprised because he cannot feel emotions.

However, all good things will, unfortunately, come to an end.

Both of you were yet caught again in another battle. This time, it is a huge ambush. It was planned.

Fighting side by side, you covered Leomord's open spots whilst he did the same thing. You knew you two were on the short end of the stick. Looking battered, trails of blood seeped out of the wounds. Down to the very last undead, both of you endured.

You saw the undead aiming for Leomord's weakness. Without thinking, you charged in and took the hit as the charged flame bolts from your palm. However, that final hit proved to be fatal. Blood splurted out of your mouth. You saved his life but it caused yours.

"Why?!" the words that left Leomord's mouth in a panic.

His heart started to race as he brought you into his arms. Lovingly, he cradled you to his chest.

Shakily, you brought a hand up and adoringly caressed his handsome face. 

"I'm sorry, m-my dear," you whispered. "I c-cannot bear to see you get hurt."

Not an ounce of regret showed on your face. You coughed and blood started to dribble down your chin. Even in this state, you looked dazzling.

"I'm strong..." Leomord whispered and for the first time, tears trickled down his cheeks.

Your hand wiped the tears on his face. He leaned down and placed a long kiss on your forehead. You stared at his face lovingly, wanting to capture his handsomeness for the last time. Your vision started to blur and you could feel your heartbeat slowing down. You knew this is the end for you but you still keep a smile on your face. 

"Meeting you is the best thing that has ever happened to me," you shakily continued. "- this lifetime, I... cannot be yours. I will definitely be... in the next one."

"I love you," you whispered once more before you felt the energy drained from your entire being. "...we will meet again soon..."

Your eyelids fluttered shut as your hand went limp. A tear appeared at the corner of your eye and it slid down your cheeks. The last bit of warmth left your body.

All that is left behind is a broken man wailing for his beloved in the land of the undead.

Sunflowers suit you. Leomord got a bouquet of them before paying respects to you. The desserts were your absolute favourite. During the time spent together, he knew your likes and dislikes.

Your body laid beneath the soil at the bottom of a hill where an abundance of flowers bloomed. In his life, he promised there will only be one soulmate and that is you. Everything felt like yesterday when it happened.

"How are you, my love?" he asked as he looked up towards the sunny sky. "I hope you are doing fine."

A breeze tickled his cheeks.

"I'm fine~"

"It has been long but I still miss you."

"As do I, my love~"

»»—-—««

A/N:

Honestly, I don't really know what to feel anymore uwu

I feel that my writing has really deteriorated and the plot is becoming very crappy ugh...

HELP :(