ten

we reached chapter 10 omg double digits i love it
i hope you had a nice christmas, or an enjoyable holiday if you dont celebrate :)

i'll edit for any grammar mistakes later :p i'm soooo tired from all this holiday stuff. i seriously thought winter break was going to be less busy dfskljsdf anyways i hope you enjoy this chapter regardless

and i wish you all the best for the new year too <3

KYOTO, JAPAN. 10:20 AM
[NAME]'S APARTMENT

ten ☽ call

Detective Erwin Smith and his partner Hange Zoe walk into your apartment, despite nervous protests, mostly because you didn't bother cleaning last night's mess. You even nearly tripped over a knocked over candle, which you didn't even notice was knocked over until you almost fell face first on the floor.

Hange Zoe invites herself onto one of your dining chairs, arms firmly crossed. Her lips are pursed, her jaw gnashed. Compared to her partner, a look of stubborn determination is comically knitted onto her brows.

"A neighbour called in last night," she says, matter-of-factly. "There was a ruckus. Give us information on the ruckus!"

Next to her, the very built and tall man sighs, "Don't mind her. She gets a real kick out of her job."

Erwin has seen Hange on more worse days, perhaps today is threatening to be one of them. He notices the glint in her glasses, an unusual indicator of her dedication. Detective work seemed to have been some sort of high for the brunette woman.

"The worried caller said that there was a bunch of shouting, banging, crashing, and..." Hange pauses to snicker, "...groaning."

An immediate blush pooled in your cheeks when you caught on to her implications. "W-Wait!"

"Hange." Erwin shoots his partner a sharp eye, his voice stern. Yes, it definitely was going to be on of those days for him, unfortunately.

Hange breathes in deeply, her slim fingers knitting on her lap. Her stern look of determination fades into an adequately forced smile. She reestablishes herself on your chair, hoping to radiate a more welcoming and friendly demeanor.

Erwin Smith takes long strides around your humble studio apartment, voice calm but serious. He's observing the mess and all the little details that stood out to him - he studies the folded over rug, slightly tilted coffee table, and even picture frames that stood on a nearby bookshelf.

"Do you know a man named Levi Ackerman?" He turns to you after some time.

Hange slumps forward in her awkwardly small seat, searching your face for any sort of expression. Any sort of emotion was a lead for her - an eye twitch, lick of the lips, remotely anything, really.

The only vaguely alarming thing is the fact that Levi's name was mentioned, not even the curious gazes that were directed at you.

"No," you gulp. "Why do you ask?"