five

KYOTO, JAPAN

KYOTO, JAPAN. 11:30 AM.
KYOTO BAL SHOPPING MALL

fivelost and found

Small beads of condensation crawl along your fingers as you grip onto the plastic cup, inhaling your drink in slow, even gulps. Earlier, Levi had refused to buy you coffee to which you only responded with a pout and perhaps ignored him for the next thirty minutes. You thought that he probably didn't enjoy those long minutes of awkward silence as you two walked around the mall, browsing stores and such.

Unbeknownst to you, Levi couldn't have cared less. In fact, he enjoyed the peace and quiet, aside from the bustling mannerisms of the mall. It got him thinking, as he watched you sip on your favourite drink, why he was here when he had a lot of other matters to attend to.

"Thank you, Levi!" You squirmed in delight, savouring the delicious taste.

This was perhaps one of the nicest things he'd done so far, even if it took a lot of begging and a period of ignoring him.

"You're a little too excited aren't you, brat?"

You ignore the taunt and sway happily side to side, "do you want a sip?"

Levi recoils at your suggestion, scrunching his face in disgust as you brought your straw to his mouth.

"That shit has your germs all over it."

Slightly offended, you pull back your drink away from him. "Whatever, rude as hell for no reason."

As if Levi's expression couldn't get anymore impassive, he closes his eyes, tilts his head back, and exhales heavily, almost as though he was trying his best not to say anything more. He learned that you weren't necessarily afraid to speak back to him, which would take quite some time getting used to.

A small gasp elicits from your lips, catching Levi's attention towards your figure running off to a small store nearby. He follows you, slightly annoyed that he was being led by a girl who didn't have any sort of authority over him, Levi was usually the one making decisions and deciding what to do.

A cool breeze from the store's air conditioning caresses Levi's skin. "Tch. Why is this place so co-"

"This piece right here would be 32000 yen," a sales advisor kindly smiles at your sparkling eyes.

Your fingers itch to reach over and grab the necklace and make a run for it, but you don't, and you know that it would probably get you into more financial trouble than you currently are right now. Instead, you watch as the woman holds up the gem, emphasizing the way it glimmered under the bright store lights.

Levi stares at your face, clearly as thrilled as a child looking at their favourite toy, except you were looking at a necklace that you had your eye on for quite some time. Then he notices the piece of jewelry held up by the woman.