twenty two

hiii sorry for extremely late update T_T uni is so taxing and time consuming. but its winter break now and i *hope* my next semester is not super loaded with work.

also ! i'm sorry if it's been so long that you've already forgotten what had happened aadhasjkdhasd i still have A LOT planned for this story so yesss i will try sticking to a more consistent schedule. alsoalso sorry if this chapter is a littleboring or short. i recently updated my other fanfic so i am sorta burnt out, bUT i wanted to give you guys an update as well. my gift to u ♡ happy holidays and merry christmas for those who celebrate!

KYOTO, JAPAN. 4:21 PM

twenty two ☽ good while it lasted

After the bedroom incident at Levi's house days seemed to have gone by like seconds, passing without any trace, save for any memorable moments you had shared with Levi Ackerman.

First, he insisted that you stayed at his place until the locks for your apartment were changed. After your father had broken in, Levi decided that it was much safer to be alongside him. You reckoned that it was probably more because he wanted to quell his anxieties, rather than your own. Even after the locks were changed, you still found yourself staying the night quite more often than usual. Occasionally, Isabel would drop by which would only end up in Levi kicking her out, leaving him irritated for the rest of the day. Her appearances diminished gradually, perhaps she had finally understood the message that Levi so desperately tried to instil upon her.

So much had happened since your very first encounter with Levi. For once, everything seemed to have dialled down. It was as if the universe had enough of giving you shit, it was probably some other poor individual's turn. No more guns, delinquents, and stalkers. All that was on your plate was school. As it should be.

After everything that had happened up until this point, Levi insisted that he'd try to be better for you. It was a challenge for him. Playing the boyfriend-role was new to him. But to you, everything. he did sufficed. Levi had been slightly restless - is what you noticed. It was quite amusing to say the least.

Even weeks later, Levi was still in the midst of learning to be the best boyfriend you had ever seen. Even if it was in his own twisted way.

"Ah, that guy was so rude. I just wanted notes since I missed class yesterday."

"Do you want me to break his arm?"

"No... that isn't necessary."

That's how the days went by with Levi Ackerman. Always you and him... and his car. Over the coming weeks you learned that despite having three cars that you knew of, his favourite was his Maserati.

His infamous sleek black car came up to the entrance of the academy, windows tinted and all. He rolled them down to find you sitting next to Sasha, who was upholding a conversation while you listened. Judging by the over exaggerated arm movements and comical facial expressions, Levi wondered to himself how you were able to handle a person like her. Let alone call her your best friend.

You notice Levi in the driver's seat, he's staring through his sunglasses and even brings a hand up. He waves it slightly.

"I'll see you on Monday, Sasha." A smile is presented on your face and Sasha reciprocates.

"Mhm! Remember to always use protection!" She shouts, possibly a little too loudly.

All you do is laugh as you enter the passenger seat, but Levi did not seem to be amused by Sasha's antics. You place your backpack at your feet and finally look towards Levi, slightly tilting your head.

"Are you telling all your friends that we're fucking?" He asks you.

"No. She was literally just joking around."

"Seems like you are." He starts the car. "Maybe you want to."

A prominent warmth engulfs your cheeks. It was taking you so much to not hit him. You even brought your hand up, aiming for his shoulder. Alas, your nerves relaxed when he was finally on the road.

"You're ridiculous," you tell him. Levi does not react to your comment, keeping his eyes on the road and a hand on the wheel.

"Is that right?" When he reaches a red light, he finally turns to you. His free hand gently makes it way to your thigh and kept a firm grip on your bare skin, lifting up your skirt slightly.

Silence was all you gave him, much too distracted by his sudden touch. His hand was cold on your skin. The sensation of his thumb slightly rubbing your inner thigh seemed to have taken you out of reality. It was as though he was sending waves of electricity through your body, causing your heart to freeze but to also pound so quickly that you had to catch your breath.

"That's what I thought."

The drive back to Levi's house seemed to have taken much longer than usual, which was a slight inconvenience as you had studying to do. You hoped that your final exams would go well, which could only be achieved by studying until you passed out. But Levi was taking an awful long time paying for some gas. Unbeknownst to you, his credit card was being faulty.

So you waited, impatiently. You had you head leaned in against the window, staring at Levi through the store's windows. He was visibly annoyed - brows furrowed, small frown. It would have entertained you if you weren't so worried about having enough time to study.

Keeping your eyes on Levi, you hear the door of the driver's seat suddenly open then close. The weight of a person collides with the seat beneath, leaving you still.

"Did Levi really leave the car unlocked?" You thought to yourself, gulping nervously. Still, Levi was frustrated with his credit card and the machine, too occupied with his own troubles.

"It's nice to finally meet you, (Y/N)." A low, raspy voice finally greeted. It's unrecognizable, yet the man's voice knew you.

"I'm sure Levi has mentioned me. Maybe...Once or twice I would at least hope." He continued. "You can call me Kenny."