two

ok i have to put this authors note bc ppl are being turned off by petra here, no she isn't going to be an antagonist in this story pls💀💀💀💀💀💀

KYOTO, JAPAN. 3:44 PM.
SHINJUKU  ACADEMY

chapter two   all in my head

You discovered that afternoon that you were not the only girl who had questionable experiences with Levi. To be fair yours was not of the same caliber as other girls but you would have liked to think so.

"Apparently, he fucked the student union president so that she could do his essay."

"Wait, school president as in Petra? Petra Ral?"

"Yeah," said Sasha tauntingly. "Are you jealous?"

You definitely did not have experiences of the same caliber. Sasha had just confirmed it for you with a big green laughing check mark. She had began to laugh when you didn't reply, knowing the high chance that you possibly were jealous. If Sasha was telling the truth then maybe you were jealous, of course if she wasn't then there would be no point.

"You don't know that for sure," you murmured under your breath. "And even if he did," you say louder, "I wouldn't care because I don't even know them personally."

"Righttt..." Sasha nudges you with her arm with a cheeky grin. "Well luckily for you, I don't know if it's true or not. I overheard some girls in the bathroom talking about it."

She hops off the bench that you were currently sharing, letting out a deep sigh. You notice a car pull up for her. Luckily, Sasha had the privilege of getting a ride to and from school every day, courtesy of being brought up by rich parents with butlers to do everything for them. She was no different from everyone else in this academy. Wealthy, privilege, and oblivious. Only difference was that she was one of your closest friends.

"Are you sure you don't want a ride?" She turns towards you, her playful grin now a genuine smile.

"I'm sure," you smiled back at her. "Be safe."

You continued to sit on the bench as Sasha gets in the backseat of the car and drives off. This was the routine every day. Wake up, dread going to school, then have a nice talk with Sasha at the end of the day before her chauffer picked her up. It was almost always at the same precise time too. At 4:00 PM her driver came. At 4:05 PM you were walking home.

It was the same everyday. The only thing that recently changed was when a stray cat appeared on one of your walks a few weeks ago, you named it Kuro and now he walks with you home, only to disappear right before you try to invite him inside.

You were greeted by Kuro at 4:15 PM, not knowing where he came from. Perhaps you didn't notice. He had grown fatter since you last saw him, which was odd to you since you were sure he was a stray. You and your companion walk through a vacant street in a quiet neighbourhood, Kuro fidgeting with a butterfly in his tiny mouth. You hold out your hand, smiling as you expected him to drop the poor creature from his mouth, unfortunately he had gobbled it up without remorse.