twenty three

umm lets not speak about this long hiatus dsfhasjdfh SO MUCH WAS GOING ON IN MY LIFE I HAD NOOOOO TIME TO WRITE AHHHHHH but i wont take up too much time explaining my excuses, if you're interested in what happened i wrote an explanation in my other levi fanfic.

also i finished this chapter AT WORK LMFAO getting paid to write fanfiction so slay and also that means pls don't mind any grammatical errors LMAO i had like no time to edit this chapter

hehe please enjoy this chapter and ill see u all soon <333

KYOTO, JAPAN. 4:33 PM.
THE WAREHOUSE

twenty three ☽ third time's the charm

"Yo, Levi."

Kenny Ackerman sits in the driver's seat of his nephew's car. He squeezes the steering wheel with both hands, feeling the expensive leather against his coarse skin.

Fear and guilt tugs at your sanity, and your hand slowly creeps its way to the door handle.

Levi glances at you through the window and before you could let yourself out, he aggressively opens the door for you. His hand reaches for yours and fails his attempt at pulling you out, gently. You end up almost falling on the concrete below.

If Kenny had not been here, you would have scowled at Levi's recklessness. Perhaps, his recklessness was understandable.

"What are you doing here?" Levi's stare was made to cut through Kenny's ego, but its plagued with doubt.

Kenny sighs. "You're never happy to see me."

"Get out of my car."

"I don't take orders from you, boy."

With an irritated grunt, Levi stomps to the driver's seat. He opens the car door, a frown stiffening his once stoic expression.

"Neither do I," he says. "Now, get out."

"As I said. I don't take orders from you." Kenny switches his attention to your face, "Let me have a quick chat with your girlfriend."

Kenny had forced Levi to get into the backseat of his own car. Silence settles between the three of you like cherry blossom petals piling on the ground. Something is pinching in Levi's chest, tightly. It's thinning his patience, and all Levi wants to do is to strangle Kenny from behind. The urge to do so is overwhelming, but you're here, and Levi didn't want to scare you further.

You're shaking, a little. The usual colour in your face hasn't yet fully returned. Neither has your usual composure. Kenny controls the moment and everything around him. The mix of alcohol and cigarettes slowly creeps into the air, it's worse than Levi's. Kenny's long, drawn, breaths are puffs of cigarette smoke, and he doesn't even bother to turn the window down.

"You want?" Kenny eyes Levi through the rearview mirror. He inhales the thin stick and passes it behind to Levi, which is gladly taken.

Internally, you grunt in disgust. You even struggle with breathing normally, constantly fighting the urge to stop breathing all together.

When Kenny parks in front of a large warehouse, Levi scoffs and puts out his cigarette.

"Get out and follow me, kids."

You and Levi do as told.

The warehouse is reminiscent of an abandoned, run down, facility. Rust is slowly replacing its exterior, windows are cracked or boarded up, and a handful of men are walking in and out of the building.