one

KYOTO, JAPAN

KYOTO, JAPAN. 2:34 PM. 
SHINJUKU  ACADEMY

chapter one a is for alpha

"3.2 million yen."

You felt your entire existence sink into the floor beneath you. The wooden floorboards shattered into multicoloured crystalline shards, making your chair collapse into the cracks. The shards eventually disintegrated into space dust, twinkling as it was engulfed by the ever growing blackhole that had revealed itself. It only took one question to cease the existence of your imaginary doom .

"Do you need help?" Monotone words left the vice-chancellor effortlessly and condescendingly.

In a split second you were pulled back into reality. The floor was intact once again, as though it hadn't been breaking down just moments before. Your chair was standing up right and the dreadful whistle of the black hole was replaced with an awful silence instead.

"Who's gonna help me?" You muttered. It didn't matter who you asked for help; nobody was going to anyways.

"The academy offers financial aid," the faculty dean said. "We could set that up if you'd like, [Name]."

You stared at him with wide eyes, a gaze that seemed fit for a girl who had just seen a ghost for the first time. However, this was no ghost. This was a demon. You could see the horns growing out of his head, also the glimmer in his eyes that were shaped like dollar signs.

"No," you whispered and could have sworn you heard the floor crack again, "No."

"No?" He quipped.

You exhaled sharply, "I'll pay you by the end of the week. I just need some time."

Your hands, tightly laced together on your lap, trembled. There was no way you could bring yourself to maintain eye contact, so you stared at his desk in front of you. Before the floorboards had the chance to disintegrate again, the bell suddenly rang and the dollar signs in the dean's eyes returned to dark pupils. This was a relief, you could finally leave this hell hole of an office that reeked with the stench of body odor, burnt coffee, and broken dreams. You grabbed your backpack and sat up, avoiding the man's gaze.

"Consider the financial aid office if you really want your diploma" he sighs, "or you could pay with your pretty mouth right here, right now."

You said nothing and left through the door, intentionally shutting it with an echoing slam. 

"Don't be so noisy," a scoff came from a short distance next to you. You glanced its way.

Levi Ackerman.

The Levi Ackerman had just walked right up to you in all his prestige and masculine glory. You could spend years just staring in awe at his face, but as gorgeous as he was, his reputation was far more relevant in the whispers of the hallways.

He was the fourth year who practically ran the school, including that demon of a faculty dean. Nothing was done that wasn't under his command, or so the rumors say. According to the girls you overheard in the library a few weeks ago, the chancellor of the university owed Levi's family a whopping sum of money and so you deduced that this was probably why Levi acted the way he did. Like an Alpha.

The  Alpha, his closest colleagues would call him.

Because he's attractive and adorable, the young freshmen girls would say with warm cheeks and giggles in their voice.

Because he's awesome, his friends would say with a large grin.

Because he is alluring, you would say to yourself in a whisper.

"It's not like it matters when everyone in this hallway is just as loud," you dared to look at Levi's unblinking eyes.

You would be lying if you said that he didn't intrigue you. He was an enigma and you wanted so badly to know who he was. Who he really was. Your perception of Levi Ackerman was created from words and whispers from the giggles of girls who seemed to have felt the same way. In your mind, Levi was just a bunch of words and rumours.

And who were you?

Everything about the Levi you painted in your head was legendary, like the stuff of myths.

However, now was not the time to gawk and stare at Levi Ackerman.

"I'm sure no one cares," you told him. "And if that rat inside that room does then I don't care."

Levi looked at you with a stoic expression, something that he was also famous for. His demeanor couldn't be read on his face or his body language, which was why it was so hard to figure out who he was. Did he think that you were rude? Did he catch your sarcasm? Did he think you were hot? You couldn't pinpoint it, and you sure as hell didn't want to ask.

"I'm done speaking to you," he walked past you and glanced back, but says nothing further.

Your throat went dry and you unable to pinpoint the reason as to why. Like before, you felt a tiny blackhole emerge in your chest as you regretfully turn to face Levi, and you take note of the phone in his hand as he shoves it into his pocket.

"I'm sorry–?"

Without warning, Levi had slammed the same door you shut just moments ago, perhaps even louder than you had. He didn't bother to let you apologize to him . You were angry at him for it. You should be worth listening to. It was possible that your anger stemmed from your reticent need for his attention, but it wasn't something you chose to acknowledge. Deep down you knew that it seemed absurd to even think of having his attention, ridiculous and improbable.

hiiii it's me the author !

thanks for reading that whole chapter <3 i hope you enjoyed your time, thank you for dedicating it to this book. i promise i will get better as the story goes on !

i've always wanted to write a levi x reader au in the modern world so this will be so much fun for me. i'm supppperrr excited hehehe.

as an even greater thanks for reading this chapter i'm giving you levi kisses and hugs.

see you next chapter!

s ♡