sixteen

ok im back tell me why i have sm tests like no one asked OK but whatver it's super rushed at the end cause its 2am and i have classes tmrw lmao oop!

anyways enjoy this chapter sorry its late :pp

KYOTO, JAPAN
PETRA RAL'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

KYOTO, JAPANPETRA RAL'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

sixteen ☽ selfish

The illusion-like emotion could have felt perfect if it weren't for Levi's blank expression. But the feeling was still exhilarating - to be endlessly waiting for his response and your heart desperately trying to escape through your throat.

"Did-did you hear me?" You shouted through the bass of the music.

Levi Ackerman placed his hand to the small of your back and pulled you into him. He was manipulating every emotion that he had awakened within you, and he was overdoing it.

It had never occurred to you that you really did like him, despite all of your passing doubts and insincere denials. Until now.

There were many tempting people at this party. Beautiful women with spilt beer all over their shirts, a cloying mix of their seductive perfume, and their alcohol-tinged voices. You didn't want them to go anywhere near Levi.

It was selfish of you, yes. But you couldn't help it.

You had been too blunt to apprehend the fatality of your feelings. It never occurred that you'd eventually fall into the painful perfection - of Levi Ackerman and your feelings for him. It was bursting of unsaid promises and also hope.

"I like you, Levi!" You repeated once more, thinking that he didn't hear you the first time.

He did, though. He was just too caught up in his own feelings.

The security of gaining your trust was unimaginable to Levi, and it was priceless. He had initially thought that all he ever did was piss you off, so this was like a dream to him. But no, you were here, right in front of him with some awkward confession.

Levi found comfort in your lips.

You pressed your body closer against him, pushing him back towards a wall, and not really minding that other people could watch. His lips fit perfectly against yours, just as how it had always been.

Was this his response? Did he like you too?

Gradually, you broke away from the kiss and stared at his unblinking, near apathetic eyes.

"So you heard me."

"I heard you," Levi says and he's tightening his grip on your waist. "But I came here to do a job, not to be some shitty hero in a romance novel."

The moment the last syllable left his lips, your head cleared and the emotions simply vanished back into the corners of your heart. Instead, you felt intense frustration.