nineteen

hiii im back hehe its finals week but i really like writing for this story LOL so heres a chapter but anyways i love you guys pls enjoy

its pretty short but ill be posting another chapter tmrw or the day after

KYOTO, JAPAN. 1:02 AM.
LEVI'S HOUSE

nineteen ☽ sleep

nineteen ☽ sleep

It all began with a cat and a car.

"You're not putting a cat in my car," Levi insisted. "When was the last time he took a bath?"

"Last week," you said, sheepishly. "I can't leave him alone; Kuro always comes to get food first thing in the morning. If I'm not there, who would feed him?"

Then it finished with that same damned cat sitting in your lap, with long, steady breaths accompanied by soft purrs.

Levi gave in, or worse, dismissed the fact that you took Kuro into the car amid his protests. Yet, he found that he had little to worry about. Especially since he caught a glimpse of you leaning against the passenger seat.

It had much to do with the way your face looked. Everything about the way your features appeared in the faint moonlight drew him in. With your palm cradled over Kuro's fur, you were fast asleep. And Levi knew that he had never took the time to appreciate you in this way, though he oddly enjoyed it.

Levi drove you to one of the more affluent neighbourhoods. These areas were not uncommon in Kyoto, but it was unusual for you to even be in such a place.

"(Y/N)," Levi murmured as he backed his car into a driveway, presumably his. "Wake up, we're here."

His voice, however, was unable to awaken you. So he took his keys from the ignition and leaned back against the driver's seat, letting a short exhale escape his throat. He watched the steady rhythm of your chest rise and fall, all while listening to your soft breaths.

Levi was unaware that he was admiring every nuance his eyes could catch as he gazed at your sleeping form. You had drawn his full attention as your head rest against the glass, the moonlight accentuating your face. And perhaps to him you were beautiful, something that he couldn't admit because he was afraid he'd stain you with his very own two hands.

He'd done many things in life that could easily ruin you, a person opposite of everything he had done. With sudden doubts that came creeping into his mind, he wondered briefly if he even deserved to be with you. Albeit, it was only the start of this relationship. Levi would only have to give himself a chance, no matter how difficult it was to do so.

To his surprise, he felt his hand jerk upward in an awkward gesture of acknowledgement, as though it had a mind of its own.

And nothing ever felt as good as his touch.

"Levi?" You yawned, eyes heavy-lidded. "Where did we go?"

"My house," he simply responded. "Get up."

As you groggily took Kuro into your arms, Levi opened the car door for you. He offered to carry Kuro for you, which you pleasantly obliged, fearing that you were much too tired to carry a cat with you. As Levi took Kuro in one arm, he grabbed your hand and escorted you through the front door of his house, which was densely shrouded by foliage .

For a moment you recalled previous times Levi would grab your hand, noting how much more gentle he was right now. Perhaps if you were more awake, your heart would have burst from your chest.

"There's a guest bedroom upstairs," Levi said as he placed your cat down. "You can sleep there."

But you had already left by the time he turned back towards you. Sleep was calling to you, and it didn't matter that his house looked opulent - high ceilings, polished maple flooring, and large windows.

He thought nothing of it, though. To him, it was incredible how you had made your way to the bedroom, his house was quite large after all. So open that he could in fact hear the echo of your footsteps. It had been quite some time since another person had entered his home. More so because he'd rather not let anyone in.

Despite his random sex affairs with desperate girls, he'd always take them to his Uncle's house, rather than his own. Or even a cheap hotel.

The last person to have been in this house was his late mother.

Although Levi's house looked much too modern to be traditionally Japanese, he still had a memorial alter. It was a little enclosure built into the wall, containing a portrait of her, decorated with flowers and burnt incense.

He kissed his fingers and placed them on the photograph of his mother, "goodnight."

When Levi walked up the long set of stairs, his open bedroom door looked at him tauntingly. He turned and went into his room.

"This isn't the guest bedroom, (Y/N)." Levi watched over your figure. Half of him hoped not to wake you up, the other cursed at him.

You basked yourself in the comfort of his king sized bed, stomach down whilst cuddling a pillow. Never had you felt silk like this in your life, let alone such a cozy bed.

He took your silence as excusable because you were indeed, asleep. He made sure of it by poking you multiple times, not even a small movement came to regard him.

"G-goodnight." Levi stuttered, a rare circumstance. He exhaled almost immediately, as if pleased that you weren't up to hear his mishap.

Levi meticulously draped his blanket over your body, all while thinking that he could touch you. He could hold you, even. Maybe even fall asleep next to you if he wanted to. He was shameless and confident when it came to most things, but seeing you here in front of him-Levi was didn't know what to do.

But one thing was certain, he wanted to be with you.

So he sits at the edge of his bed. "Can I stay here with you?"