four

KYOTO, JAPAN

KYOTO, JAPAN. 7:43 AM.
[NAME]'S ROOM

four play date

"You have two new messages," said the welcoming robotic female of your voicemail. A second had passed, a monotonous beep ensued followed by the frantic voice of one of your friends. "[Name]! Sasha texted me and said you never called her when you got home. I tried calling but you didn't pick up your cell phone! Call me back!"

Leaning against your bed frame, you squinted against the bright sunlight that bled through your blinds which glared you right in the face. Shortly after, another beep chimed and the same voice, with the same amount of worry etched in his words, called for you once more.

"Text me or Sasha when you're home , okay? Or text Mikasa, but that wouldn't make sense since we live together... Anyways, let us know!"

It was Eren Jaeger. A classmate who you came very close to calling a friend, but never on the same caliber as Sasha. He was kind to you just as he was to everybody else, although sometimes very bold when it came to random brawls with Jean Kirstein in the hallways...or even during class. Nevertheless, it was entertaining to see them go about with their unexpecting skirmishes. Today, you expected to see one of them as per usual, which would ultimately end in a teacher telling them to stop disrupting the class.

That was normal, yes. It was normal for students to get caught and scolded when they fought at school. Plus, that would end in at least two or three days of detentions. However, in a quick flash you remembered the way Levi had punched the vice principal and walked away like it was nothing. Albeit, it didn't happen on school grounds but there was no way Levi was not going to get suspended for that. Right?

As soon as the messaged ended, you had sluggishly rolled over and pulled your blanket over your head. You didn't even want to think of everything that happened with Levi. The robot lady in your phone carried on by asking if you wanted to save the messages in your inbox, accompanied by the soft meows of Kuro in the background.

"Kuro..." You crawled over the foot of your bed with the blanket wrapped over your head, opened the blinding window and grabbed Kuro who waited outside on a ledge. Immediately, you noticed one of your flower plots had been knocked over, courtesy of this cat.

"Quiet, already." You whispered and brought an unsuspecting hand towards the top of his head.

That shut up Kuro for the moment, it was the good morning he wanted. Lazily, you plopped back into the comfort of your bed and enjoyed the slight breeze that kissed your cheeks. If it was one thing you learned about Kuro, he loved to roam free. You knew that he would leave any second now which was why you kept your window open.

In a way, maybe Levi and Kuro were the same. Both seemed independent and got what they wanted whenever they wanted. Kuro was also very catty for all the small reasons, and from what you could tell Levi was also mean.