xxii.

|06:22 am

+ aera.

beeping.

more beeping.

incessant beeping.

opening my eyes grudgingly, i sat up to reach for my phone on the bedside table, swiping the screen to stop the noise from the alarm. a groan from my side garnered my attention, dont go to work.. jaehyun mumbles with his eyes still shut, limbs sprawled open like he's a freaking starfish, its my day off today. laying down again, i turn to face him before continuing, the alarm's for you, dumdum. you need to go to work. jaehyun muttered incoherently, brows furrowed as he kick around, dont want to. what a baby.

it has been a week since that restroom incident with mira and thankfully, i managed to put the curiousity on the back of my mind since i havent seen her since that day and jaehyun isnt really acting strange or different from how he usually acts. that or maybe i just trust him so much.

you're staring again. i blink repeatedly at the sudden comment, i thought he was sleeping. am i really that handsome? huh? jaehyun turns to his side, facing me as his cheek was squished against the pillow. not really. you look like an idiot. scrunching my nose, i stuck my tongue out a little to tease him. he smiled, rolling his eyes at me as he scoots a little near me, i dont want to go to work..

you need to. its not your day off.

well, i want a day off.

you have no choice, idiot. you have meetings to attend to and papers to read and sign.

ugh. no. jaehyun whines, burying his face on the pillow as he huff in annoyance before he suddenly jolt up, actually.. reaching for his phone on the side, he dials a number before placing the phone against his ear. the person picked up after a couple of seconds as jaehyun smiles in delight, good morning, ms kim. sorry to interrupt but i need to be excused from work today. my brows shot up at the sudden change of his voice, now becoming hoarse and weak as he mentions his secretary's name and starts his weird statement. i shake my head afterwards when i realized what he's up to this time, i think im sick. jaehyun started sniffing on his non-existent cold but not overdoing it since he wants it to be believable, my head hurts so much that i cant really see well. i cant get up too, my body is soreim having a flu, i guess. i covered my mouth with my palm to prevent the sound of my giggle to come out as jaehyun continues to ramble about his sickness, looking at me with mischievous eyes, okay, i'll rest well. thank you. jaehyun squeals the moment he stopped the call, bouncing a little before collapsing back on the bed, we can sleep in now! he pulls the blanket higher over my shoulder before tugging me close, my nose almost touching the base of his neck im not sleepy anymore though.

too bad. im still sleepy so stay here. jaehyun declares, tightening his hug even more jaehyun, i want to eat cookies.. he just hums in agreement, muttering a small ang slurred 'okay', jaehyun! get up and help me bake cookies. jaehyun removes his arm from my frame and turn around, facing the other side of the bed as he mumbles, hmm later. jaehyun's sleepy ass really fell asleep again. i wasnt feeling sleepy anymore so i got up, washed my face, brushed my teety before heading to the kitchen to prepare breakfast; just pancakes and coffee.