x.

| 09:32 am

+ aera.

oh. it's a miracle that you've already finished your presentation. that's a first. chaeyoung teases as she peered at my computer screen, talking about previous instances where i always panic hours before my reports because i haven't finished yet. uhuh, jaehyun helped me. she delightedly gasped, aww.. that's so sweet. i rolled my eyes at her, continuing to check my presentation for any lacking informations or misspelled words.

our officemates have been talking about the new CEO of the other company, the J Corporations. Well, he's not new on the field, he was actually based and handled the company's branch abroad but like, new that it's just been months since he got back here, inheriting the company and took over his father's position.she ushers, scrolling through her phone, and it's rumored that he's going to be attending the meeting today. that's when I stopped my actions, what? like today's meeting? the same meeting im going to present on? my friend nodded nonchalantly and I groan in annoyance, great. I just hope he's not that difficult to pursue and won't ask so many questions. my eyes landed on my phone that just vibrated but even before I had the chance to pick it up, chaeyoung beats me to it. ohoho your husband's wishing you a good luck. she raises her brows up and down, a stupid wide grin on her lips. I snatched my phone from her, reading the message,

(09:35 AM) From: Jaehyun: you'll do good! goodluck!

Me: thankyou :))

Me: heyyy quick gossip, they said the new president of your company is attending the meeting. what's he like?

From: Jaehyun: why are u asking that?

Me: i just want to know him. like, is he rude? or maybe he's an easy person to pursue? my boss is going to kill me if i don't seal the proposal.

From: Jaehyun: nahhh chill. i heard he's kind. also, i went through your report, right? i know you're going to get the deal, dw.

Me: lol you're hyping me too much

From: Jaehyun: it's because i know you can!!

Me: thank youuu i'll buy you coffee when the proposal's approved HAHAHASK

From: Jaehyun: you already know how I like my coffee ;)

aera stop grinning. you're creeping me out. chaeyoung spats bitterly, a disgusted look on her face. im supposed to bite back when a colleague sticks his head inside the office, aera, boss wants you in the meeting room now.

goodluck. chaeyoung smiles at me, patting my shoulder.

I quickly gather my things, saving the file before pulling out the drive and running to the meeting room despite wearing heels.

Giving my drive to the secretary, i stood patiently at the mini-platform as i recalled the keypoints of my presentation over my head while we're waiting for the board members to come. i reached down to rub my hands on my high-waisted denim jeans, also straightening my navy blue-coloured long sleeved blouse and making sure my ponytail is not messy.

Minutes later and board members starts to arrive, the president of the J Corporations seem to be arriving last. even some members of the board is talking about him for they haven't seen or know him yet, this is actually the first meeting he's going to attend to after sitting on the position. the double door opens and a man strides in confidently and proud, he bows politely, let's start the meeting, shall we? he questions as he looks at my direction, walking and taking a seat in the middle; at the seat designated for the company's president.