xxiv.

| 05:21 am

+ aera.

when my mother said she'd drop everything for me, i didnt really gave much appreciation to it. that is until she showed up at outside my apartment at five in the morning the day after jaehyun's engagement was announced. with a worrying look on her face -  she didnt say anything, she just pulls me in for a tight hug, fingers threading through my hair while whispering in a soothing voice, sorry for being late but im here.. mom's here. something about her hug, her voice, her warm presence jabbed something in me that made a tear slip down, then another and another until i found my face pressed on her shoulder, my hands clutching on the fabric of her dress, eyes shut close as i finally let all the bottled up emotions escape, sobbing uncontrollably.

i didnt know when or how we walked back inside the apartment, i just realized that i was curled up against her as she embraces me, fitting ourselves on the couch. wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand, i slowly part from her while trying not to let tears fall down again, i didnt know this would happen. she reaches up to tuck my hair behind my ear, nodding in acknowledgement, i dont even know why it hurts so much.. i rubbed my palm against my face. you know exactly why. you just dont want to acknowledge it.

what for? would it change a thing? im sure it'd be useless now.

what if it has the power to change everything? you wouldnt know if you dont try.

what if it still won't? my mother sighed, holding my hands again, you gotta try..

days went by and i still got nothing from jaehyun. it has been three days since the announcement and the news of it still hasnt died down with hundreds of articles and reports spreading online and in televisions. even my colleagues knew of that news, its actually kind of intimidating when they look at me whenever i pass by them but they've been holding back not to ask me anything which is a good thing because i dont know what to say. the former cfo, mr lee, also heard about the news; he mustve remembered jaehyun sauntering through the hallways of our workplace and our 'relationship' so he has been kind to check up on me, saying he had a hunch that whatever's going on with jaehyun and i wasnt just plain friendship and upon hearing the news, it somehow made him upset.

stalking isnt nice when you're doing it hourly. chaeyoung's voice broke the silence of my office, i was too deep on zoning out that i didnt noticed her walking in and peering down on the phone in my hand, shut up. i grumbled bitterly, eyes training down on the screen again that shows jaehyun's instagram feed.

i didnt know when but when i viewed his account, he already deleted all our photos and all my photos that he took and posted. doing the same thing, i archived all our photos that was posted on my instagram days ago to avoid any possible issues.

c'mon, lets go eat. chaeyoung ushers me outside of my office, having lunch on the restaurant just across our building.

chaeyoung and i parted ways on our way home after work, she still has some errands to do that might take time and i went home straightly. what i didnt expect to see upon walking out of the elevator is a figure sitting down, his back leaning against the door. quietly approaching the said figure, it didnt take me another second to know who it was. from the back of his head, to his slumped shoulder, arms that are crossed and rested on top of his folded kneesㅡ i exactly know who it was.