marriage trial / end

| 12:09 am

+ aera.

“aera i swear..” chaeyoung groans, scratching her head, if you dont stop weeping, im going to shove this glass into your mouth.” she seethes as she glared at me but being the drunkass that i am, i continued to sob harder even if theres no tears coming out from my eyes anymore. “if it hurts you so much, why did you even attend the freaking wedding in the first place?” she hits my arm lightly, clearly annoyed. “because i thought im gonna be okay with it..” i slumped back on the seat dejectedly, kicking my feet, “i was this close to actually bawling right infront of everyone! i even squinted my eyes when he looked at me just so my tears wont run down!” chaeyoung mumbles a 'freaking idiot' as she drinks from her own glass.

jaehyun's wedding ceremony was held earlier, it was so heavy for me to watch him be married to someone else but my pride got me so i actually attended his freaking wedding. i thought i was going to be chill with itㅡ but no. even before the wedding started, i was already hyperventilating. i planned on ditching it but something in me still wants to watch him say his vows to his future spouse so i stayed through it.

i didnt attend the party after the wedding, immediately dialing chaeyoung's number and asking her to meet me at a bar instead. and hence, amidst the pumping energy that surrounds the bar, i am here at the corner 'weeping like a haunting ghost' as what chaeyoung described earlier. “i cant believe he kissed some other girl right infront of me..” sobbing harder, i covered the entirity of my face with both of my palms. “why wouldnt he? its his fucking wedding, he should kiss the bride!” chaeyoung reasons out, frowning as she looks at me. “he didnt kiss me when we got married!!” i answered stubbornly, flailing my arms around, “its unfair..” mumbling, i reached for my glass and drank whatever's inside it before an idea crossed my mind, “what if i'll kiss someone too?” chaeyoung looks up from the screen of her phone and winced, “dont do anything stupid.” shaking my head, i rose up from my seat before reasoning, “he kissed someone else! its just right to do the same..”

with a weak feet and wavering steps, i try to squint my eyes in search for any potential person i could kiss. him? no, his smile is too cocky. i dont like it. what about that guy? uh-oh. no. just no. him? he's with someone so no. a hand on my shoulder causes me to jolt in surprise, “hey its me. sorry.” mingyu appears and apologizes. waving my hand, i muttered a small 'its okay' before turning to the crowd again. “oh are you looking for someone? chaeyoung?” shaking my head, i stayed focus on scanning the crowd, “im looking for someone to kiss.” mingyu gasps in shock, brows knitting together afterwards before he turns me to face him as he starts to lecture me, “kiss someone? oh my.. aera, i know you're hurt and drunk and stupid..” mingyu halts as i briefly glared at him before he continues, “..but dont let it get to you. this may lead to something bad, you know? you dont personally know everyone here!” mingyu's voice eventually drained out as my gaze landed on the guy a couple of meters behind him. perfect. shoving him lightly, i smiled a little, “dont worry. i'll ask for a consent.”

approaching the guy who is sitting alone, i mustered up enough stupidity and drunkeness to tap him on his shoulder. he removes his gaze from his glass and raises a brow at me, “can i kiss you?” his mouth fell agape at my straightforward inquiry, “is it okay for me to kiss you?” i aked again and this time he sobbed, fake sobbed, “use me! its all you guys do to me! go on then, you can cutting off his yapping, i tiptoed to reach for his lips. whatever, he already said its okay.