xxi.

|12:23 pm

+ aera.

oh, you're here. sicheng, a friend of jaehyun, greets me in which i replied with a small smile, nice timing. jaehyun's probably ending the meeting already.

we chatted for a minute before taeyong joined us, offering me a drink and providing me company while they're on their break, even though they seemed silent, both of them knows how to keep the conversation going until the elevator door open, a tall-statured man steps out with a personal body guard tailing behind him, that's jaehyun's father.. taeyong commented in a hushed voice as our eyes stays glued to the manㅡ he looks calm and kind but something about him is really making me nervous, maybe the way he walks with such pride and power, so intimidating.

both taeyong and sicheng greeted jaehyun's father politely when he's walking near our direction, bowing politely and i didnt want to come off as rude so i copied their action. the man stops on his track, sending a smile of acknowledgement to jaehyun's friends before his gaze drops to my figure, shit what do i do?  you're jaehyun's girlfriend. he claims, not even bothering to ask and just straight up confirmed. i blink innocently, letting out a hesitant smile because i fucking dont even know what i really am to jaehyun. i saw your pictures together. he smiles, clarifying his statement when i didnt react to what he said, oh.. really? haha. i mentally kicked myself, what the fuck, aera?

Jaehyun's parents are divorced as what he had told me. he stayed with his father and maintained close contact with his mother at the same time. yet i have no idea how to act around his father since we barely talked about him unlike the closeness i developed with his mother over the couple of times she invited me to hung out with her since we met at the wedding.

dad.. jaehyun's voiced popped out of nowhere and in seconds, he's already standing beside me, jaehyun! see, i just met your girlfriend. his father smiles over at me, invite her over for a dinner some time, okay? he cocks his head, shifting his gaze towards jaehyun as jaehyun smiles a little, yeah, we'll make time for that. jaehyun's father nodded in delight before excusing himself, saying he needs to be somewhere else.

after jaehyun's father exited, he turned to his friends who are still standing beside us, telling them to have lunch on their own as we too, would go out. geez, the two of you are so inseparable. taeyong commented, rolling his eyes as a way of teasing. having lunch and dinner together. going on dates. not to mention sleeping over at each other's places. ughway to really spell 'single' at my face. sicheng mocked as he looks at us sarcastically. both jaehyun and i laugh at their actions as jaehyun pulled me beside him before craddling my face and squishing my cheeks, i got lucky, didnt i? pair of dents shows up beside his smile as his eyes turned to crescents. i roll my eyes at the cheesiness, swatting his hands away  as both of his friends groan in annoyance, ew get lost.

deciding where to dine in for lunch is always jaehyun's decisions so i always get pushed to a classy, expensive restaurants because that's where his rich ass likes to eat. but not for today though, we played a heated game of rock-paper-and-scissors earlier in which whoever gets five wins first get to decide where to eatㅡ and i unbelievably won. so i asked him to drive to a nearby fastfood restaurant, because hell, that's where i freaking want to eat.