ii.

| 2:26am

+ aera.

Blinking a several times, I gulped down very hard as I stare at the office door infront of us. Any trace of alcohol running through my body and tipsiness was already long gone and I'm more than awake right now. It was not a joke. He was not fucking kidding when he asked me about marriage, I should know because we're currently standing infront of a civic office at this late hour as we patiently waits for a friend of his.

A couple more minutes and a car came. a man, rather short (but still a few inches taller than me) came out with a not-so-friendly facial expression. taeil, what's with the grumpy expression? the man beside me teases as Taeil makes his way to us, grumpy? what's with my grumpy expression!? you literally woke me up saying you want to get married at this hour?? at freaking 2 in the morning!? are you nuts!?my brows scrunched in worry, feeling bad about his loss of sleep because of our sudden 'marriage'. “you're so noisy, lower your voice..taeil huffs in annoyance before he looks at me, uh..hi.i chirped, smiling awkwardly at him.

Taeil sent me a small smile before he groans and marches towards the office's door, fishing out a key from his jacket's pocket. my brother is luckily out of the town till next week so I have his keys. he informs us as he pushed the door open.

Taeil starts to rummage through the drawers and clicks his tongue in victory as he pulls out a piece of paper and slams it down the table infront of us. A marriage certificate. A fucking marriage certificate.

The man beside me nudges my side, a challenging grin on his lips, still want to get married? i pulled my lips in a thin line, am i really marrying someone I don't know? Before I can decide, the man reaches for a pen from the penholder in the table and bends down, writing something on the paper.

Jung Jaehyun. oh, so that's his name. I looked down as he continue to fill the blanks of the paper such as the date and place but leaving the blank where I would write my name on and the blanks where we put our signatures. Jaehyun handed me the pen and I held it tightly, am i really doing this?

I'm told way too often that in a drunk state or not, I make stupid life decisions. I refuse to believe it before but now, i kind of doubt myself for denying that and realizes maybe my friends were right all along, i do make abrupt decisions. I am totally claiming it true when i thought, fuck it then, before bending down a little to write my name down on the paper. Choi Aera.

Aera? nice name. the guy beside me complimented, your name's not bad too, jaehyun.

what the fuyou don't even know each other's names!? Taeil exclaimed with disbelief. well, now we do. jaehyun stated nonchalantly. are you sure you want to get married right now? taeil squints his eyes at us, like, really get married and not just for money, not because there's alcohol in your systems, not because you're on something and not just because of fun?

I cocked my head on the side, so I still have the chance to back out? However, Jaehyun nodded eagerly then looked at me, do you still want to continue this?do i? of course.

Taeil stare at us skeptically and snatches the paper off the table, i'm not letting you sign this yet. one, my brother, aka the officiant isnt here. two, you don't have any witnesses. and three, because I know you're just doing this out of boredom.

what? but we really want to do it! my mouth ran before I even realized it, earning a light laugh from Jaehyun, see? none of us is against it, we want to get married now. Taeil shakes his head while rolling the paper in his hand, you really want to do this?we both nod at his question. okay then but i'm giving you a favor. Both of you should spend a week together, get to know each other and shit. after that, if you still want to do this, come back here and get fucking married.

Jaehyun looks at me, so? do you still wanna do this?the grin on his face is contagious that i can't help but to smile back, a sudden thought lingers on my mind before i shrug, why not?