xxvi.

| 11:37 pm

+ aera.

i got promoted!! the happy voice suddenly cuts the silent air, mingyu barging inside my office as chaeyoung and i looks up to him in confusion. i said, i got promoted. he says again when he got no reaction from us.

realization hits the both of us and we practically jumped on him, congratulating him. mingyu then invited us to lunch in which we both agreed since its almost lunchtime already.

chaeyoung had to go to the restroom so we waited for her at the lobby, sitting on the couch provided. feeling mingyu's eyes glued to me, i look up at him with a raised brow, is my face dirty? mingyu laugh lightly at that while shaking his head no, you're strong. he said so suddenly and out of the blue. it didnt take another second for me to realize what he meant by that, he then smiles and tries to joke, going to work with a broken heart and a hangover. wow. i laugh loudly at that, of course, i need to work because how else am i going to buy liquor for my broken and dumb heart if i dont have money? he snickers at my reply before reaching up to ruffle my hair, earning a sound of protest from me, you're messing my hair, idiot. my smile immediately fell the moment i look up, locking eyes with someone who's walking towards our direction.

doyoung, hey.. greeting awkwardly, i tried to scoot a little further from mingyu hey.. doyoung's intimidating gaze stays on me, what are you doing here? he shrugged, eyes shifting to mingyu who just gave the same aura as his, intense eye contact before doyoung answers, i need to deliver some papers. i dont know if he really need to leave that time or everything's just awkward for him but he excused himself after that, saying his goodbye only to me and neglecting mingyu's existence. gosh, that was his friend, right? am i in trouble now? should i expect someone to come up and punch me in the face? mingyu starts to question, the stern face he put up just seconds ago faded and replaced by panic and worry. i shake my head as i laugh heartily at that, idiot, no. no one's going to do that to you. he fell silent before coming up with another question, what about him? him. jaehyun. my genuine smile falters and i try to keep it by forcing to stretch my lips, he wont mind anymore..

mingyu then invited us to the department celebration his collegues planned for him on friday. i didnt really plan on going because one, i dont want to get drunk again. i've been getting drunk so frequently these days and it somehow concerns me. two, if i'd go to the party and get drunk, i might do dumb shitㅡ but alcoholic drinks are expensive that its such a waste to pass up to a free-drinks opportunity.

drinking water would be useless for you. i just know you're going to drink countless shots of vodka later. chaeyoung eyes me like im a weirdo, im just warming up my liver. mingyu lets out a laugh at my reply, mingyu, drive for me later. mingyu groans at my statement, aw no fun. i was planning on getting wasted.

as the night deepens, more shots were drank. more bottles were opened and more closer we get to being wasted. people from work turned up whether expected or surprise but hey, the more the merrier. chaeyoung is getting drunk faster than me even if i drink more than her, she has short tolerance to alcohol.