Dealing With Hard Feelings

Luz dragged her feet all the way to Hexside. After everything that happened she didn't want to leave Eda and King alone. However, she was happy she would be able to see Willow and Gus and even Amity. Amity should be in school today since her leg was healed.

Luz pushed the doors open and was immediately stared at by everybody. Whispers and shocked gasps could be heard as Luz walked down the hallway. She wasn't surprised. When you face the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles and break a wanted criminal out of jail, you're bound to get stared at. She was always stared at in the human world. Always judged and mocked. She just never believed she would have to go through it in the Boiling Isles. Especially after she worked so hard to fit in. Her breath started to quicken and her body felt tense. She hated this feeling more than anything.

Everything seemed to not matter anymore when she saw Willow and Gus waiting for her by her locker. Luz smiled. She rushed over to her locker and pulled them both into a big hug. They both let out a happy noise of surprise and hugged her back.

"Hey Luz," Willow said noticing Luz hug them tighter. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Luz said into Willow's shoulder. In fact, Luz was not fine. She was too worried about Eda. So worried she cried herself to sleep last night. The thought of losing Eda again caused Luz's stomach to twist and turn till she felt like being sick.

"Are you sure?" Gus asked. "You went through a lot in the past week,"

"Yeah, I'm perfectly fine," Luz replied. "Just so happy to see you guys again,"

"Aw we're happy to see you too," Willow said smiling to her friend. "But if you need to talk to us we're here for you,"

"Thanks guys," She said pulling them in for another hug. She closed her eyes tightly as she held her friends in a big embrace. She never wanted to let them go. They meant everything to her. As she looked up from the hug she saw the green haired witch she had been dying to see.

Amity. Luz couldn't help but stare at the witch as she was walking in the opposite direction. Willow saw her expression straight away and smirked.
"Go say hi to Amity, we'll see you in class," Willow said and Luz nodded running off to see Amity.

"Amity!" Luz called after her. Amity froze in place. Amity wouldn't lie she felt guilty for not being able to help Luz. She tried to get out of bed and go to the Owl House but the twins kept forcing her back into bed. Amity turned to see the human girl in front of her.

"Hey Amity, long time no see!" Luz said smiling. Amity dropped her books and immediately pulled Luz into a hug. Luz was surprised but hugged Amity back. "Aw did someone miss me,"

"Yes," Amity admitted quietly. "I was so scared you were going to get hurt,"

Amity never thought she would care for the human girl so much. However, along the way Amity realized she judged Luz too quickly. She was kind, brave, smart and so amazingly beautiful.

"Well I didn't and I'm here now," Luz reassured her and looked into her eyes. Amity nodded while smiling, her face heating up by the second.
'Her eyes are so beautiful,' Amity thought, getting lost in them for a second. Amity jumped, getting knocked out of her trance, as the school bell screamed loudly.

"So...I'll see you at lunch?" Luz asked hoping Amity would say yes. For some reason Luz wanted nothing more than to spend all day with Amity.

"Of course," Amity said picking up her books from the floor. "I'd love to hear what happened. If you're up for talking about it that is,"

Luz nodded and smiled as she waved goodbye and went to class. Luz felt happier than she did now that she had seen her friends. Unfortunately, she bumped into a certain witch she never wanted to see today.