What is this feeling? Part 2 (Lumity)

Ask and you shall receive 😏

Eda could tell by the look on Luz's face that she didn't get enough sleep last night. Luz spent all of last night thinking about Amity. Luz couldn't believe she had fallen in love with her best friend. Amity did just see her as a friend, didn't she?

"You ok there kiddo," Eda asked. "You haven't touched your toast,"
"I'm fine. Just didn't sleep well," Luz replied.
"Something on your mind?" Lilith asked.
"Actually...it's not something it's...someone," Luz admitted while blushing.
"Oh dear Titan, I'm gonna have to give you 'the talk' aren't I," Eda chuckled.
"No! No! That won't be necessary," Luz said and Eda laughed.
"That's enough Eda," Lilith said to her sister. "Who's on your mind Luz,"
"I-It's A-Amity," Luz stuttered, the blush on her face growing.
"No way! The Blight kid!" Eda laughed harder, if that was possible. "I'm not surprised though I already thought you guys were dating after Grom,"

Luz blushed harder as memories of Grom came flooding back. Was she really that close to Amity the whole time and took no notice of it? Then there was the grudgby game. Did she seriously, causally pick Amity up in her arms without caring?

"Eda leave the poor girl alone," Lilith sighed. "I am quite surprised. I thought you and Amity hated each other,"
"We did but over time I started to see the better sides of her," Luz began. "She was so much nicer than I thought. She's just a little bit misunderstood.
I only thought we were just friends but I realised that I like her a lot more than I thought. I'm not sure what I'm meant to do,"

Eda sighed and put her arm around Luz.
"Look kid this whole crush thing is difficult but it will all be fine," Eda said. "If she breaks your heart I'm gonna make sure she's never able to feel anything ever again,"
"Thanks Eda," Luz laughed slightly.
"Just take your time with it," Lilith stated. "Start of small like...give her a compliment every now and again."
"Or you can be like me and skip class just to make out with her," Eda joked. As if Luz's face couldn't get any redder.
"I swear Eda you're not helping her." Lilith said.
"Thanks for your help ladies but I'm late for school," Luz said as she grabbed her bag. "Bye guys,"
"Make sure you take my advice and not Eda's!" Lilith yelled after her.
"Don't trust the women who cursed her own sister! Don't be a wimp and kiss her!" Eda yelled, earning an angry glare from her sister.

———————————————————————————

After school Luz was fried. Due to the lack of sleep and the amount of writing she did that day, Luz was ready to face plant the floor and sleep there.
"How are you feeling?" Willow asked. Luz smacked her head against her locker and groaned.
"I'm so exhausted," Luz groaned.
"Couldn't sleep last night huh?" Gus questioned sipping on his carton of apple blood.
"Yeah I was too busy thinking about someone," Luz said then smacked her hand over her mouth.
'Me and my big mouth,' She thought to herself.

"Too busy thinking about Amity?" Willow wiggled her eyebrows while smirking.
"How did you know!" Luz exclaimed.
"It's pretty damn obvious," Willow sighed.
"It is?" Gus said, completely lost. "I thought you were just joking yesterday,"

Willow rolled her eyes and sighed.
"Anyway how are we going to get you to ask her out?" Willow inquired.
"And what makes you think Amity will even want to go out with a human?," Asked a familiar voice. They all turned round to see Damien.
"You should just give up human. Amity isn't into girls and couldn't possibly like you," Damien laughed and Luz looked down at her shoes. Luz hasn't even considered the fact that Amity might be straight.

"Just leave her alone Damien," Willow said.
"Shut it half a witch." Damien said in a cold tone.
"Even if Amity doesn't like me I'm sure my parents and her parents could come to some sort of agreement."

The others were in shock. Was this guy seriously going to try force Amity into a relationship she didn't want? Luz's blood started to boil and she clenched her teeth in anger.

"You can't just force Amity into something she doesn't want," Gus said.
"And what are you gonna do about it pip squeak?" Damien chuckled.
"He's not gonna do something but I will," Luz said as she pulled out some of her glyphs. She placed a plant glyph on the floor by Damien's feet causing vines to wrap around his legs making him fall to the floor.

"Threaten Amity or my friends again and I will do worse than that," Luz threatened. Willow and Gus stood there in shock and amazement.
"Come on guys," They all left Damien on the floor.

"That was awesome Luz!" Gus exclaimed waving his flags for her.
"Maybe so but what if I just made everything worse for Amity," Luz sighed burying her hands in her face.
"I'm sure Amity can handle herself," Willow reassured putting her arm around Luz's shoulder. "Plus if there is a problem she can always call on her fearless champion."
"I guess you're right," Luz laughed.

"Hey guys," Amity said as she walked over to them.
"Wow Luz you do not look so good, are you ok?"
"Hi Amity, you're looking good today. I'm fine just couldn't sleep," Luz blushed as she rubbed the back of her neck.
Amity blushed at the whole 'looking good' compliment but brushed it off as to not have another panic moment.
"Oh I'm sorry to hear that," Amity said. "I was going to ask you if you wanted to finish of our study session but if you want to go home and sleep-"
"Nope! I'll go to the library with you," Luz interrupted causing Willow to start laughing behind her.
"Oh ok," Amity blushed. "Are you sure?"
"Yep positive lets go," Luz grabbed Amity's hand as they walked to the library.

———————————————————————————

Amity couldn't help but giggle at Luz's frustration.
"Luz if you're really that tired you should just go home," Amity said to her. 
"Nope I am finishing this spell," Luz said with a yawn.
"You're really stubborn, you know that?" Amity smirked.
"I am not!" Luz whined like a child.
"Luz you're exhausted," Amity. "If you won't go home why don't you just take a nap on the bean bag."
"...fine but wake me up in half an hour ok," Luz said giving in as she flopped onto the bean bag.

"Do you wanna take a nap with me?" Luz asked. Amity face went completely red. It took Luz a few seconds to register her own words.
"I-I mean i-it's just that you also look tired I thought that you might need a nap as well," Luz blushed.
"It wouldn't really hurt to have a nap," Amity said while blushing and looking away. Luz smiled and patted the space next to her on the bean bag.

Amity laid down next to Luz. They both laid there awkwardly for a few seconds before Luz had finally drifted off. Amity sighed happily and snuggled up closer to Luz, hoping that she wouldn't wake her up. Luz, while still asleep, wrapped her arm around Amity. Amity settled in Luz's embrace and finally fell asleep.