What is this feeling? (Lumity)

I wanted to write Luz being jealous 😏

Luz couldn't stop wondering who that guy was around Amity. Luz also wondered why she cared. It's normal for people to worry about their friends when they are around someone else right? The guy was tall with blonde hair, purple eyes and pale skin. He looked like Amity's type. Was he the guy Amity wanted to ask to Grom?

Willow took notice and smirked. She poked her human friend in the arm to get her attention.
"Boiling Isles to Luz," Willow said. "You alright there or is a certain someone on your mind?"
"Who do you think that guy with Amity is?" Luz asked still staring at Amity.
"That's Damien Earnheart," Gus said.
"The Earnheart's and the Blight's have been business partners for years." Willow added.
"I think Damien has a thing for Amity," Gus said causing Willow to slightly kick him under the table.
"Luz is obviously jealous of this guy. Keep your mouth shut," Willow whispered in Gus's ear before turning to Luz.
"I'm sure it's nothing,"
"It sure doesn't look like nothing," Luz groaned. "Amity is her own person and has her own life she can do what she wants,"
"Luz are you ok?" Willow asked.
"I'm fine, great, awesome even!" Luz panicked before rushing off to the bathroom.

"Urgh what is wrong with me?" Luz asked herself looking in the mirror.
"I would say a lot is wrong with you," Said a familiar voice.
"Hi Boscha," Luz said in annoyance.
"What's wrong human finally realising you don't belong here," Boscha laughed.
"Hey leave her be Boscha," Skara said quietly.
"No. This human has ruined my reputation," Boscha said. "You may think you're cool now that Amity's your friend but what makes you think she even cares about you. You're worthless to her."

The words stung Luz's heart. The tears started to well up in her eyes but she didn't let them fall. She just pushed past Boscha and ran to her next class.

———————————————————————————

After school Luz saw Amity with Damien again. Luz didn't understand why it bothered her that much. She also didn't understand why Boscha's words wanted to make her curl up into a ball and cry. Was she worthless to Amity? Was Amity just pretending to be friends with her?

"Luz are you ok?" Amity asked.
"Oh hey Amity. W-What are you doing here?" Luz asked awkwardly giving her the finger guns, yet again.
"We were going to walk to the library together, remember?" Amity said.
"Oh right," Luz mentally smacked herself. "Sorry just spaced out for a while,"
"Are you feeling ok?" Amity asked. "If not we could reschedule,"
"No! No." Luz said, a little more aggressively than she would've liked. "I'm fine, honest."

"Hey cutie," Luz heard a male voice and looked behind Amity to see Damien walking towards them.
"I was wondering if you would like me to walk you home," He said and Luz had to stop herself from growling under her breath.
"No it's fine," Amity said. "I'm going to the library with Luz to study."
"What this human?" Damien laughed. "Surely you can skip this. She's not that important anyway."

Luz looked down at her feet and lifted her hood over her head.
"She's important to me!" Amity exclaimed. "The only reason I agreed to show you around today was because my parents wanted me to. Making fun of my friends is uncalled for Damien. Luz is the most talented person I know. Way more talented than you. If you're going to keep up this sour attitude then don't talk to me or Luz again.

Amity finished talking and grabbed Luz's arm, dragging her to the library.
"You didn't have to do that for me Amity," Luz said stopping in the middle of the track.
"Of course I did he was being mean to you," Amity said, turning to face Luz.
"I'm fine, really. I'm used to it." Luz laughed awkwardly.
Something about that sentence didn't sit right with Amity.
"Luz it's fine-"
"But he's right," Luz interrupted. "I'm not that important. I'm just a weirdo who has no idea what she's doing,"

Amity looked at her in disbelief. How could someone who made Amity's miserable life so amazing, think that she wasn't important?
"Luz you are important to me," Amity said, trying not to break into a gay panic. "I regret being mean to you in the beginning. I judged you before I got to know you. You have done so much for me. You helped me be friends with Willow again, you took my place when fighting Grom, you carried me to the healers office and held my hand when I broke my leg. Luz you are an amazing person it pains me to ask why you would think you're not important."

Luz just broke down crying. All the bottled up emotions from over the years just broke out.
"I never had any friends in the human world. Everyone thought I was too weird." Luz cried.
Amity pulled Luz into a hug.
"You're perfect the way you are," Amity said. "You're  the perfect amount of weirdness and enthusiasm."

Luz laughed and pulled away wiping her eyes.
"Thank you Amity," Luz said.
"It's the least I could do," she flashed Luz a smile. Luz's heart started to beat out of her chest and her face felt hot. 'What is this feeling?' Luz wondered.

"So you ready to go to the library?" Amity asked and Luz nodded her head. Amity grabbed Luz's hand as they walked together to the library.

———————————————————————————

A few hours later back at the Owl House, Luz finally realised what had happened.

Luz was in love with

Amity Blight

{this was a quick one}