Akward dinner party (Protection Part 2)

{Warning: mentions of child abuse and homophobic comments}

Amity paced back and forth in the living room of the Owl House. She was currently freaking out. Luz and Amity had been dating for two months. After her father found out he invited Luz over for dinner. Which didn't seem extremely bad since her dad was okay with her sexuality but the bad thing was that her mother was going to be there. Things between her and her mother haven't been good since...the incident.

"Mi amor can you please stop pacing like that?" Luz said. "Everything is going to be fine,"
"No it's not," Amity said still pacing around.
"Baby look at me," Luz said grabbing Amity's hands. Amity looked up at her.

"It's going to be just fine," Luz said to her and resting one of her hands on her cheek. "If your mother starts to act up again I'm going to make sure she regrets it,"

Amity laughed. "Thank you Luz,"
"It's the least I could do," Luz smiled and kissed her. Amity giggled and they both sat down on the couch and started to watch Azura on Luz's phone.

———————————————————————————

The next day Amity was still freaking out. The dinner was today and her mother had said nothing to her but give her weird looks all morning. She was in one of her nicest dresses. It was a pink dress with a lace top and long lace sleeves with a black skirt. She wore her black flats and the heart bracelet that Luz got for her. She sighed as she tied her hair up.

Emira knocked on the door and walked in.
"Oh my gosh what's wrong?" Amity asked still panicking.
"Nothings wrong, why would something be wrong?" Emira asked slightly laughing at her younger sister.
"I don't know I'm just worried," Amity sighed as she sat down on her bed.

"Does Luz even know what happened with mother?" Emira asked as she sat next to Amity.

"N-No I never told her," Amity sighed and looked away. "I've tried to tell her once or twice but I keep chickening out,"
"Hey, it's going to be okay," Emira said. "Me and Edric are going to be here and dad is on our side. It's basically five against one. We also know for a fact everyone at the Owl House would defend you,"

"Thank you Em," Amity said and rested her head on Emira's shoulder. BING! Amity's scroll went off.
"Oh Luz is here,"

Amity left Emira and sprinted down the stairs. Amity opened the door as she caught her breath.
"Hey sweetheart," Amity said still catching her breath. Luz was in a purple suit which Amity had to say, looked extremely good on her.
"Mi amor, you look gorgeous," Luz breathed as she took in the sight in front of her.
"Thank you," Amity blushed. "You look gorgeous too,"
"Are you feeling ok?" Luz asked holding Amity by the waist.
"Yeah I'm fine," Amity lied.

"So you must be Amity's girlfriend," Luz looked towards the voice and saw Alador Blight standing in the hallway.

"It's wonderful to meet you Mr Blight," Luz said and outstretched her hand for a hand shake.
"It's wonderful to meet you too," Alador said, shaking Luz's hand.
"Now, let's get dinner started,"

——————————————————————————

The dinner was quite awkward. Only a few words were said and Odalia barely said a word to Luz. At least she was quiet...for now.

"So Luz," Alador said. "How is Edalyn doing?"

"Oh yeah I remember Amity telling me you guys used to be friends. Eda is fine thanks for asking," Luz replied.

"I haven't spoken to her in years," Alador said as he sighed slightly.

"You guys were inseparable," Odalia added. "Although I don't know why. She's a criminal now. Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree,"