Kiss me in the Rain

{Ayo I'm back on my Owl House bullshit. Sorry I've been gone for so long.}

Luz had always loved those moments in books where the main character and their love interest would have a dramatic love confession in the rain. Many people, mostly other teenagers at school, would tell her that it was too cheesy and not at all realistic. Luz didn't care though. She had always dreamed that one day she would have her romantic moment in the rain. Whether it were dancing or kissing, it didn't matter. Luz was a hopeless romantic and loved everything to do with cheesy romance. She tried many times, with ex crushes from school, to find her special someone, until she eventually gave up after years of rejection. When she met Amity however, everything changed. Luz was fascinated by the girl who she once thought was her enemy. Ever since she laid eyes on the girl she felt this need to get to know her, this need to discover the mysteries behind the once cold Blight. Luz successfully made friends with Amity after a few shenanigans here and there which made her happy beyond belief. She even got to dance with her at Grom! It didn't take long for Luz to realise that she had feelings for the witch after the incident at Blight Industries. The way Amity had saved her, the way she had looked so badass fighting the abomination to protect her. It caused the human girl to scream into her pillow for a good half an hour that night. After even more gay shenanigans and their weird bird tub, Hooty, Luz and Amity started dating. Both girls still feel giddy whenever they think about each other or whenever they refer to each other as girlfriends. Even though Luz now has a girlfriend, they haven't been able to spend lots of time together with the end of their world going on and Amity's mother disproving of their relationship. Now they are stuck in the human world, with no way of getting back and no way of being able to see if their families are okay. 

Today the kids had taken a trip to the Gravesfield library, to find out more information about other worldly portals. So far, it was not going well. All the books they read gave them a glimmer of hope then took them right back to where they had started. Luz flopped her head onto the table with a frustrated groan, her girlfriend comfortingly rubbing her shoulder as her head hit the wood.
"Dead end?" Amity asked. Luz sighed as she nodded her head.

"Don't worry Luz," Willow smiled, trying to be the positive one in the group. "I'm sure we'll find something eventually,"

"I know, I know," Luz muttered. "It's just annoying reading all of this worthless information that has so far done nothing to help us get to the boiling isles."

The other teens did nothing but, silently agree. Luz looked up at the clock, glancing at the time. Her mother had asked her to get everyone home before 6pm since it was going to rain and throughout all the reading Luz had completely forgot. Luz exhaled. "Sorry guys, we need to get back now before the rain starts,"

The witches got up out their chairs and hurried to put their books away. They grabbed their jackets and threw them over their shoulders, running out of the library. As soon as Luz had exited the front door, she felt the familiar feeling of rain drops landing on her head. Drats! She thought to herself. She pulled her hoodie over her head as the others did the same. They set off on their way back to the Noceda house, Luz holding Amity's hand like they always do. Gus and Hunter were up ahead of the others as Gus raved on about some human information he learnt from the library. Luz felt a smile creep onto her lips as she saw her friend get excited for the first time in a while. Hunter seemed to be relieved too, as Luz caught a glimpse of him smiling towards the younger boy. Willow was not too far behind the boys in front of Luz and Amity, petting Clover who was hidden in her jacket. Amity turned towards Luz and studied her face.

"Something on your mind?" She asked and Luz gave her a soft smile. Of course Amity could read her like a book. She should be used to it by now, but having someone other than her mami care about her feelings and took notice of when she was down still felt foreign to her.