Betrayal and Confusion

{I hope you accept my offering of angst. This is based on the theory that Belos is Luz's father. Warning: This is very bad 😂}

Luz was once again battling Emperor Belos. The whole of the Isles were fighting in a war that seemed to never end. A war that would give them their magical freedom or a war that would end up with them being forced into submission. Luz and the rest of the Owl gang have been forming a plan for months now and it was all starting to play out.

The gang were in the throne room. Fighting off Emperor Belos.
"You should just give this up," Belos said in his normal cold voice.

"Never!" Eda yelled and grabbed a few more glyphs as she charged at Belos. Belos moved out of the way of her attack and stood next to Luz.

Luz was about to attack but Belos summoned another spell that wrapped her around in some plant vines until she couldn't move. He casted another spell that put a barrier around him and Luz so the others couldn't help protect her.

"You really think this is going to scare me?" Luz let out a laugh. "You're going to have to try harder than that,"

Luz started wishing she hadn't said that. Belos chuckled deeply as he removed his mask. Luz looked at him with wide eyed horror as she recognised the face she hasn't see for nine years. It couldn't be...could it?

"N-No t-this is not right!" Luz yelled as tears began to spill from her eyes. "You're tricking me! This isn't real!"

"Oh but it is real," Belos said removing the barrier. "I wasn't sure if I'd ever see you again, daughter,"

Everyone stood there shocked at what Belos had just said. Luz was shaking and tears poured from her eyes. She refused to believe it.

"This can't be right!" Eda yelled at him.

"Y-You're just trying to trick me so I let my guard down," Luz said as she broke free from the vines and grabbed her glyphs. "You're not my father. My father is a normal human who-,"

"Who left when you were five," Belos said as he smirked. "Who named you, who fed you, who took care of you, who helped raise you, who wanted you to be the next in line for the throne, except you turned out to be a normal pathetic human just like your mother,"

Luz shook her head in disbelief. Amity threw another fire ball at Belos causing him to stumble backwards. Amity quickly grabbed Luz and pulled her away from him. Luz couldn't focus on the world around her right now. Everything was spinning and her body felt numb. Was this real? Is this a nightmare? What's happening? Did her mother know? Was her mother lying to her? Is Eda going to hate her?

The thought of Eda hating her made her feel sick. She couldn't bare to look at anyone as she shook with fear. Was Eda going to kick her out? Eda had been hurt mentally and physically by Emperor Belos and to learn that her apprentice was his daughter, what was Eda going say to her?
"Luz?" Amity asked worryingly looking at her crush. Luz was shaking and muttering something incoherently. Amity wasn't sure what to do.

"I'll be speaking to you again Luz," Emperor Belos laughed as he disappeared into thin air, leaving them alone in the throne room.
"You coward!" Eda yelled. "Come back here and fight us!"

"Edalyn we have to leave," Lilith stated. "If Emperor Belos has disappeared, Titan knows where he could have gone and what he's doing. We need to get back to the Owl House,"

Eda let out some of her anger by sending a fire glyph towards Belos's throne. Eda sighed and turned to Amity, Luz, Willow and Gus in the corner.
"Come on kids we've got to go," Eda said as she looked at Luz sympathetically.

Luz didn't say anything, she didn't want to. She just ran out the door as fast as she possibly could. She couldn't hear her friends calling after her. She couldn't see where she was going. All she had was one word in mind. Run.

Luz hadn't even realised how far she had gone. She sank to the floor underneath a tree as she shook from the cold and from the remaining fear in her body. It was freezing outside. She only had her cape to cover her an keep her warm. Luz hugged her knees as she cried. Why? Why did this have to happen? Were her friends even looking for her? Did they still care? Luz didn't know at that moment.

Luz rested her head against the tree and fell asleep as the cold and tiredness took over her. The last thing Luz felt was a pair of arms picking her up and a voice telling her.

"Everything is going to be okay,"