Gus X shy female reader (REQUESTED)

{Requested by Pandamatic0075 . Sorry if this is bad. I tried 😅}

Gus sighed to himself as he made his way to his first class of the day. He barely got any sleep last night after he stayed up with Luz watching some human TV shows.

He flopped down onto his chair and rested his head on the desk. It would be about another 10 minutes till class started so Gus had until then to try and wake himself up.

"Um e-excuse me," A small voice said. As Gus lifted his head he saw a girl standing next to him. She looked about the same age as he was. "C-Can I sit here, it's my first day and I don't know where else to go,"

"Of course," Gus smiled at the girl and she sat down next to him. "I'm Gus. What's your name?"

"Y/N," The girl said quietly.

"That's a beautiful name," Gus smiled and the Y/N's face flushed a little.

"T-Thank you," She smiled. They both sat in awkward silence until the teacher finally arrived to the lesson. As always the Blight twins were late. They waved to Gus and sat at their seats and the lesson begun.

———————————————————————————

After class Gus went to his locker. He sighed as he pushed his books in. Then he smiled when he saw a familiar human and plant magic witch walking towards him.

"Hey guys!" Gus exclaimed.

"Hey," Luz greeted. "How was class?"

"It was fine," Gus smiled.

"Yeah Gus was flirting with a cute girl," said a familiar voice. It was Edric.

"I-I wasn't flirting with her I was just helping her understand some things," Gus stuttered.

"Oh is Gus in love?" Luz exclaimed.

"What?! No I just met her today!" Gus yelled as his face went red. His friends laughed then dropped the subject.

Gus and his friends sat at their regular table during lunch. Gus saw Y/N all by herself at the table opposite from them.

"Hey Y/N," Gus shouted to her catching her attention. "Want to sit with us?"

Willow and Luz smirked at each other. Gus's face flushed but ignored it as Y/N sat down.

"T-Thank you," Y/N said as she smiled at Gus. Willow and Luz introduced themselves and within minutes Y/N was feeling a bit more comfortable. Of course Luz and her enthusiastic attitude was enough to make someone more comfortable. She even made Amity go entirely soft.

———————————————————————————

A few weeks later and Gus and Y/N had gotten to know each other a lot better. Gus was alway excited to go to his class and see her. He no longer casted illusions to take notes for him and actually went to all his classes just to see her.

He continued to be teased by his friends and always claimed they were just friends. However, Gus could not deny the way his heart beats rapidly every time he sees Y/N.

"Come on Gus I'm telling you," Luz started. "You and this girl have some real chemistry,"

"And you would know that how," Gus said raising his eye brow.

"I'm very good at telling what's romantic and what's not," Luz said putting her hands on her hips. Gus looked at her in disbelief.

"Yeah I'm sure," Gus laughed. This was coming from the girl who couldn't even realise Amity's feelings for her.

Gus sat in class all alone today. Y/N didn't show up. Gus started to worry. Was Y/N okay? Gus got up from his chair and snuck out while the teacher's back was turned. He casted an illusion in his seat to make sure the teacher wouldn't notice.
He stood by his locker and messaged Y/N.

Gus: Hey Y/N, why aren't you in today?

Y/N: Hey Gus, I'm fine just have a little cold

Gus sighed. So that's why she wasn't in today. Gus thought for a second. If his illusion behaved himself and actually paid attention, he wouldn't need to actually go to any of his classes. Gus made his decision and decided he would go to see Y/N.

He stopped at a shop on his way there and got some drinks and snacks along with a potion from Eda that should help with the cold.

He knocked on Y/N's door and she answered.
"G-Gus?" Y/N said. "What are you doing here?"

"I was hoping I could keep you company and make sure you feel better," Gus said trying to ignore the blush rising on his face.

"That's nice but Gus I don't want you to get sick,"
Y/N smiled.

"It's fine." Gus reassured. "Us Porters are strong you know."

"Okay," Y/N laughed. "You can come in,"

They went up to Y/N's bedroom and sat on the bed. Gus grabbed the snacks and drinks out of his bag. He gave the potion to Y/N and she scrunched her face up at the taste. Gus laughed as he found it adorable.

Y/N grabbed her crystal ball from her bedside table and put on a movie. The stayed there for the rest of the day until Y/N's parents came home. Those hours were spent with laughter, joy and many texts from Gus's friends teasing him. He hated that the twins saw him leave the class and told the others about it. Luz and Willow got the impression that Y/N and Gus were more than friends. They were just friends, weren't they?