014

Vinnie's POV

The last time I texted her was this morning, I'm not a huge fan of whole double texting thing. She didn't answer my message the whole break, so I was pretty lost.. which is embarrassing.

I asked if she was going to school today, she only replied with that her dad was dropping her off at school. Did I do something wrong? Was it the gift? Did I say something to make her uncomfortable?

I slowly walked towards Lorenzo and Delilah,he smiled over at me "Goodmorning" they both said. I nodded my head "where's Ivy?" Delilah asked "her dad is dropping her off" I mentioned. The look in her eyes quickly changed, did she not have a dad?

Before I could speak up, Ivy came over to the lockers. She held a blank expression "sorry I got busy over break" she smiled "great, Lorenzo and I are picking you up for school tomorrow. We'll be your ride" "it's fine my dads taking me" "I can continue to pick you up? I have no issue with doing it.." I spoke out.

She shake her head "no I'm fine thanks, he's also going to be picking me up after school.." Delilah groan, I didn't understand the energy they were creating. Did her dad catch me dropping her off? "Was it my fault? I can introduce myself to your dad if that helps" I spoke out again. "My dad wouldn't be cool with that" she said "ohh" I nodded.

Julian came up from behind her, placing his hand on her hip. She quickly jerk away from his touch, everyone stared at them both awkwardly.

"Relax it's just me" he protested "it doesn't matter, she's obviously not comfortable" I glared at him. Ivy stared up at him embarrassedly "I'm so sorry" "I was wondering how everyone's winter break went, I also loved my gift" he smiled down at her. The bell rang, everyone sighed at the thought of the long day, everyone was of course out of it. But to be more specific Ivy was way more out of it.

I walked over, bumping into her gently "are you alright?" I asked, I could see her masking her feelings "yeah" "can you help me pick up my moms gift? We'll be back before the period ends I promise" she thought for a bit, then nodding her head. Great I thought, we left to the school heading out to the parking lot.

"What did you get her?" She asked while getting in the car "roses" I lied "do you wanna get boba?" I asked she smiled nodding her head.

...

Ivy sat beside me taking small sips out of her drink, she stayed on her phone for a bit. But it wasn't until after 10 minutes later she slowly picked her head up, to glance around and get sense of where we were going.

"Vincent how far is this place?" She asked "not far" I mumbled. She stared over at me "why do I get this sense that you're lying to me" her eyes squinted "I don't know you tell me" I shrugged.

After another 15 minutes she had already fully turned herself towards me "no Im being serious where we are going?" "You seemed like you were a having rough day so I thought maybe we could just I don't know.. do something to brighten up the mood" I finally confessed, she nodded her head while her lips stayed straight "I mean you did it for me and it helped a lot so I want to do the same" I added "that's very nice of you Vincent.. very very nice of you" she turned herself back around.

We arrived at the plant store, getting ourselves off, walking inside. The air was very crispy and fresh, not to be dramatic. She smiled up at me "you pick a plant out, it would mean a lot more if you do" she tugged onto my sleeve, she's right. And she did remember the Christmas gift.

"Alright I will" I smiled, we walked around the place and it amazed me to see her eyes lights up for something so small. I didn't plan a whole day for us but I did take a small hint of what to do. I grabbed a plant and she laughed at how small it was, we went into the checkout and I bought it for her. For a bit we argued, she wanted to pay and then it went to wanting to pay half but that was one my gifts to her so she finally gave in.

We grabbed some food, eating quietly in my car as the music continued to play. I glanced over at her to see her spacing out while munching on her food, she tend to always do that.

"You alright?" I asked, I just wanted to make sure. "Sorry I should've check if you were cool with everything.." "no it's the first day back, I highly doubt they'll have us do something" she smiled.

For a bit we went to the mall and did small amounts of shopping, I huffed out loud leaning against the wall. Ivy looked very happy while searching through the racks of clothes "you think this is cute?" She held a skirt "yeah but don't you think it's too cold" "and what about it?" She laughed.

A group of guys passed by, doing a bit of eyeing on her. She lightly blushed and went back to looking through the racks, as soon as they were far enough she turned back to get a quick glimpse "ooo, they dressed so well, I'm in love" she smiled. She turned back around to make eye contact with me, her eyes widen "what.." "gross" I gagged.

"It's cute when guys dress like that" she mumbled "are you almost done? I have plans for us seeing a movie" I glanced down at my phone. She smiled widely "really?! Yes!" She fast walked to the checkout line. I glanced over at the boys to see what exactly what they were wearing, they did have pretty good outfits.. what kinda made me chuckle is that some of them still had their eyes on Ivy.

I walked over to her, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear making it seem like it was very casual. "Maybe if you move your hair out of your face you can see better loser" I mumbled as she rolled her eyes "whatever, let's just go" I patted her head, doing a side glance to see the stares have stopped.

...

We went to watch a horror movie, Ivy enjoyed every second of it while I was edge of my seat. I was a bit of a horror fan but not that much. After the movie finished, it was now dark meaning it was time to go home.

"Well this is where our fun ends" I said while unlocking my car "thank you Vincent, I really appreciated this day" she smiled over at me "I could never ask for a better friend" she got inside. I smiled towards her "we got each other's back" I said starting to play some music before I went off to driving.

She sang along to a couple of the songs, the moon was shining. The windows were rolled down, we didn't care if it was cold it felt so hot in my car everything felt right, we sang along. Even though it sound horrible, we would laugh and smile it off.

"We're drinking cause we're bored!" She sang out loud. It was Affection by between friends and she seemed to get a little too into it "oh, I'm looking for affection in all the wrong places!" She sang some more, she stopped and we both laughed.

I was finally down her street and she quickly made me parked by the stop sign at the end of her street.

"Thank you again, it really helped me a lot" she reached and tightly hugged me, I wrapped my arms around her giving her a quick squeeze. "No problem just message me if you need anything" I added "actually yes" she paused. "You see my dad is very embarrassing so would you mind -" "I'll wait you by this stop sign in the morning, get some rest alright?" "Perfect, you too Vincent! Drive safe, message me when you get home!" She waved , her smile was brighter and more genuine than this morning.

A/N I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote :,)